Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas everyone!

I need help with my kids video game. It didn't come with a power supply and I don't have the batteries for it. I did however, find a power supply with the right polarity in my bedroom. It is 9 volts like it is supposed to be, but instead of 300 milliamps the power supply I have is 500 milliamps. Will this extra 200 milliamps fry the video game or will it be alright?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I wouldn't try it. It may work, but it could screw up the game too.

Had a DVD player go bad because the store gave me the wrong power cord once.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

brad

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darb, I was thinking the same thing, was just hoping to hear different

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
don't go trying it just because i said so, but....

that rating should just be the amperage it is capable of outputing. The game shouldn't draw that much. But better safe than sorry, go buy the right one, or some rechargeable batteries

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that you mention it, magnum, I recall hearing the same thing. The games or what have you will only draw what it needs.
I will wait for a couple of more answers but I think I may try it. Worst case scenario, I return it under warranty.

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found some batteries, but I would still like some more input on the question, thanks :thumbup

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm with the rest of the gang, it shouldn't draw more than it needs... but don't quote me....

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
It's okay to go with it. Voltage is the only thing you need to be concerned with. Electronics will only pull what's needed. If the voltage is okay, and the game is 300mA and the power supply is 500mA, the game will only pull 300mA.

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
The 500ma power supply will work. If you wanted to be extra cautious you could go to radio shack and get a 0.3A fuse and fuseholder (If they stock it) and put it in the adapter cable, but I wouldn't.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
marv said:
It's okay to go with it. Voltage is the only thing you need to be concerned with. Electronics will only pull what's needed. If the voltage is okay, and the game is 300mA and the power supply is 500mA, the game will only pull 300mA.

Technically, voltage and polarity. But otherwise you're correct, the device will not pull more than it is rated for, you should be safe.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
let me guess. the v smile? we got that for our duaghter and it didnt have a power supply either, i was like what the hell shit is this, no batteries or power supply. oh well i had to go to the store to get batteries.

ken

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imlikeojnow said:
let me guess. the v smile? we got that for our duaghter and it didnt have a power supply either, i was like what the hell shit is this, no batteries or power supply. oh well i had to go to the store to get batteries.

ken
Yup that's the game. My older one seems to like it and thanks to the kid shows he watches and my parents, he can count to 20, most of the time, and can say the alphabet up to around L, most of the time.

Not bad for 4 years old, and being in a coma for 1 week when he was 2 days old after going into cardiac arrest for 45 minutes and we let the doctors stop when they said he was brain dead and five minutes later his heart started on its own and all the doctors said he sufferred brain damage and would be mentally challenged. Shite, I'm just happy he is alive.

Can anyone tell I've had a few?

·
Not a dude
1,547 Posts
waltman said:
Merry Christmas everyone!

I need help with my kids video game. It didn't come with a power supply and I don't have the batteries for it. I did however, find a power supply with the right polarity in my bedroom. It is 9 volts like it is supposed to be, but instead of 300 milliamps the power supply I have is 500 milliamps. Will this extra 200 milliamps fry the video game or will it be alright?
You bought the v-smile didn't you... Same thing happened here. Going to have to run out to radio shack in the morning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts