Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90 EB bronco and two days ago i replaced the motor, greased the thin circular gear lookin thing (sorry dont know what its called but i greased all the little teath) and then greased where the arm slides left and right when rolling up the window..

now just yesterday my window wont go up but i can hear the motor when i push the botton.. also i only bolted in one of the screws (the far right one) when i put the new one in because i dropped the other two:banghead

i havnt torn into it yet to see what might be going on but was wondering if yall might know whats goin on or have some good suggestions thanks alot

kyle

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
my window wont go up but i can hear the motor when i push the botton.. also i only bolted in one of the screws (the far right one) when i put the new one in because i dropped the other two:banghead

wondering if yall might know whats goin on or have some good suggestions thanks alot

kyle
Yes, see your first paragraph above! :rofl: gear on motor is not engaging gear on regulator. Better fish the screws with a magnet. Replacements can be hard to find

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
The problem by not putting all the screws back in the PW motor bracket, it wants to ratchet in place and if you keep using it, gonna torque & tear everything up. :banghead

Make sure the actuator arm, kind of pendulum looking is matched up with PW motor teeth and that it sits in a slot inside the sheet metal panel so it travels correctly otherwise you'll just burn up the motor.
You may have to pull out the motor and take it apart to check the plastic grear in side. :doh0715:

The replacement kits are inexpensive and you can do it yourself or take it to an Auto- Elec shop and have them do it for you, IIRC I paid $65.00 to rebuild my OEM because of the screw fit, aftermarket Japcrap doesn't work and costs way more. IMO :twak

I had my OEM rebuilt when it burned out and now it works fine. :chili:

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
28 Posts
hmmm .... if it didn't need a 3 screws Ford wouldn't have put them in. That's true for any assembly on any vehicle. Manufacturers go to great lengths to build them at bare minimum material and labor costs.

Put a magnet on a piece of string and go fishing before you trash the gear or regulator. If it's summer or a semi-warm garage I've used old fashioned fly paper (ribbon) to remove broken glass, screws, sockets, etc from doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts