Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
What he said.

Mine work as if brand new, but I'm considering swapping to manuals...

·
Registered
331 Posts
can the rear glass be converted from electric to manual?

·
Registered
710 Posts
can the rear glass be converted from electric to manual?
of course, anything can be done, just if it's worth the time and effort to you... I'm in the middle of slapping a 1978 mercedes turbo diesel into a 1959 chevy bel-air body...

It would be easy to do it with a handle on the outside... but not exactly secure. putting one on the inside would involve routing cables or chains to turn the crank, since it is "exterior" to the glass.

all you would have to do is drill a hole in the right spot, and attach some sort of keyed or splined shaft to the window mechanism that would work with a crank. you could make it removable to make it a little more secure i guess.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I want to find the ford engineer who designed their window system and kick them in the balls, several times. My drivers door window jumped the gear. Thought it was the motor, so popped the rivets. My fingers are too fat now to get the damn thing back in. So been waiting months to get it into a mechanic. Same thing happened on the passanger side, but we managed to get the window back up. Now my rear window is gone too, but I cant get the window back up. Can hear the motor buzz away. Glad I am made of money and have 18" long fingers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I want to find the ford engineer who designed their window system and kick them in the balls, several times.
Prolly the same guy that thought putting ABS in the rear ONLY of my 98 ranger was a good idea... I only wish that when my front wheels locked up and I lost the ability to steer the damn thing, I had plowed right into him and his family... big bag o douche! If you find him, lemme know, Ill put on my steel toes and get him with my size 12's!

·
Registered
193 Posts
LOL, i've been thinking of going manual also, only i'm not gonna' convert the present system, just going to replace all the doors and paint it, needs a paint job anyway...now if I could only find a junkyard with a bronc that has manual windows.... and is close by....ok, doesn't have to be close by, I'll take a short vacation in the bronc and go get them!

·
penis
3,320 Posts
LOL, i've been thinking of going manual also, only i'm not gonna' convert the present system, just going to replace all the doors and paint it, needs a paint job anyway...now if I could only find a junkyard with a bronc that has manual windows.... and is close by....ok, doesn't have to be close by, I'll take a short vacation in the bronc and go get them!
You can use F-series doors if I recall.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I want to find the ford engineer who designed their window system and kick them in the balls, several times. My drivers door window jumped the gear. Thought it was the motor, so popped the rivets. My fingers are too fat now to get the damn thing back in. So been waiting months to get it into a mechanic. Same thing happened on the passanger side, but we managed to get the window back up. Now my rear window is gone too, but I cant get the window back up. Can hear the motor buzz away. Glad I am made of money and have 18" long fingers.
Put your weight on the tailgate(closed) where the key goes in... Use your key to get the window up as you press weight there. See what it does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts