Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help its going to snow here tomorrow and both windows are stuck down ....is there a way to manually rollup the windows?

BTW yes they are power windows and yes ive checked the fuses

·
Administrator
22,854 Posts
pull off each door panel and run power straight to the motor...that will tell you if they are good or not...if motor is not working you will need to remove it from the window regulator and push the windows up manually.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
redwagon said:
pull off each door panel and run power straight to the motor...that will tell you if they are good or not...if motor is not working you will need to remove it from the window regulator and push the windows up manually.
What he said, but with a twist.

Your going to have to configure what is up and what is down. Get to the motor, find the leads, and if you put hot to one side and negative to the other, do it real quick so you can see if it's going to go up or down. Just tap the wires real quick so you can figure out which way it is going to go. And then switch as necessary.

If both windows went at once i would have to say you might have something up with the master window switch on the driver's side door.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
worked for the passenger window but not the drivers...so im halfway there....
drivers side i heard a click but nothing moved....hmmmm

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
They are not meant to be (riveted together), nor is it worth the hassle. New ones are like 5 bucks at the self serve wrecker.

In the mean time, as mentioned disconnect the power motor from the window mech, and slide it up manually. Then either pop the motor back in to hold it in place, or you may have to wedge it in the up position if the motor won't bolt back in easily.

On my crown vic, I had to drill out a few rivets to get the motor out of the door. The bronco may be the same, but I don't recall.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Power windows

pdxbronco,

On the side that didn't work, pull the door panel off. Pull the weather cover (plastic sheet). Look at the door metal and there are 3 depressions in the metal that you drill out to reach the window motor bolts. Remove the motor and push the window up and put a shim under the window in the channel and vise grip in place. At this point you can reinstall the door panel and the window problem is solved until you get a new motor. I did this on my '93 passenger side door, it worked for the week it took to get a new motor. :thumbup

Later,

NineT3

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
weather cover ....what weather cover lol....went i think the last owner or the the one before her was the queen of drywall screws and putting things together

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
pdxbronco said:
weather cover ....what weather cover lol....went i think the last owner or the the one before her was the queen of drywall screws and putting things together

weather cover = a plastic coating between your door panel and your actual door.

The previous owner of your truck was obviously getting information from the previous owner of my truck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know what the weather covers are its just putting things back together CORRECTLY was not the previous owners strong point.... ac taken out with connectors all over the place, upper door panels held on with drywall and sheet metal screws, only three of four bolts holding down the seats, lower door panels held on by wire....etc :banghead

one of these days ill actually pull out the camera nd take pics of the bronco...but its 8 out and im a wimp

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
i have a problem like that only the master window switch works the locks on the passaenger side work fine

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I don't know why Ford rivited the window motors in... Pisses me off.. I'm actually going to be replacing both motors today.. (We swapped doors and now the motors in them are bad..) <sigh>

·
Banned
7,651 Posts
A) It's faster & cheaper than bolts.

B) The motors aren't riveted in - only the regulators. You can remove the motor from the regulator by drilling out the 2 dimples with a 1/2" bit for access to the 8mm (5/16") bolt heads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts