Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv replaced power steering pump, Box and lines. Iv tried bleeding with front end of truck jacked up, and iv tryed bleeding with steering arm disconnected and just the pitman arm rotating. And still no f'ing power steering. The pump whines and i can feel it trying to give me power but only when i turn to the right. When i turn to the left i get absolutely nothing. No whine, no power, nothing.
The only thing i can think is a got a defective pump, but since i bought the pump over a year ago i cant just try and exchange it. So before i give in and buy another pump does anyone have an idea why i cant get power steering.

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
if your hearing the pump your cavating it and letting it run far too low on fluid. over fill the pump, have it to the top and once you start the engine top it off, have someone steer it slowly lock to lock, add as necessary and let the engine run for a while to purge air out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
glad you got it going.

i just rebuilt my box (never opened one before) i got a kit from napa.....i think it was $45

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.