Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My powertrax blew up in my 8.8, with a stock 302 and 33's! I called them up and they told me to send the locker back and if they determine that it was their fault, then i get a new one... no refund, no compensation for everything it destroyed when it went. I'm kinda pissed, mainly because i have to take it out and send it back... a week turn around time, leaving me with no truck. Hopefully they won't try and tell me that i abused it (god forbid you take a locking rear off road) I'll let you all know what happens with it:boxing

·
Registered
463 Posts
man that really sux! me & my buddy took his 96 camaro back to the body shop the other day. they installed his front bumper with something pushing out from the inside. they tried saying he hit something! after about 1/2 an hour of :argue, we talked them into looking at it in a few days. bastards just trying to blame someone else.

·
Registered
195 Posts
when i blew up mine they replaced it no problem

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a lock-rite

the only thing it detroyed was carrier bearings, but the metal shavings are stuck to the speedo sensor and now it jumps. Had to buy a new gasket:shrug I think i'm gonna go with 4.56 front and rear with an auburn posi in the the rear and a dana-spicer in the front... while i have it apart;) That way i don't keep breaking lockers or axleshafts when I slap the boggers on there.:thumbup

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
That's pretty bizarre. I've never done a Lockright in a 8.8, but I've put together quite a few in D44's, D60's and 9" diff's and they've all held up to some pretty nasty use/abuse. So I gotta ask: did the cross pin fail? Did the drivers break? What happened?

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, no news yet (to lazy to ship it back) I can tell you, however, that the (4) pins that hold the two halves of the lock-rite together sheered off... all the factory Ford parts held up fine. Looking at the locker, I think it was just a one off type problem. I'll probably throw the new one in there and get one for the front if it seems to hold up. From what I've heard, everybody else has good luck with these things. :rebelflag

·
Registered
299 Posts
That is strange indeed. I had one in my '96 Cobra and was launching it off the rev limiter (6800rpm) and leaving on the bottle (150 shot) on slicks with a 5 speed and it never hicupped.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I, too had a lock-right fail about a year ago. Nothing broke, the drivers rounded off and it would slip under power. Replaced it with a mini-spool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hmmm, I just ordered a lock-rite for my 9"... have any of you had any other problems with yours I might wanna know about? i havent heard anthign too bad yet... thanks

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe its just me, I just blew up the Safe-T-Track rear in my Trans Am... Anybody got a disc brake 9" for sale?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts