Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a deal on a powrlok for my dana 60. how amny people are runnin these? I dont expect it to be like a detroit but from what i read is close. I'm goini to order a agressive rebuild kit for it. i'm just wonderin how it will lock up with 44"

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have a Power Lock in my D-44 and It is pretty agresive. More agressive than the True-Trac.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
You should be fine with that. There's a couple things to think about though. For one, it needs to be a 3-series (4.10 and numerically lower ratios) to use in front, or you will have some challenges when you're gear shopping.
Second, the innards are designed for a loose (3 friction) or tight (5 friction) adjustment by playing with the way the plates are stacked inside. Dana says the max torque it should hold at is 200 ft/lbs. I have a couple of em but haven't run em on the 44's yet. I've been running an old Warn Posi-Lock in front and it works great.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Sorry for the noob question, but are these the stock limited slips dana put in the 60's back in the day?

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
Yes, the pow-r-lok is the better of the 2 they used. The trac-lok is the other and it's a typical clutch pack unit that isn't as strong. Much more of a PITA to service as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts