Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prairie City 3/1........

Trips been dumped due to mechanical problems. Ill post a new date asap.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh if you can come out and play then come on out. So how far are you from Sacramento? I have never heard of Sierra Village before but it can't be that far I would guess.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
Its about a 2 1/2 hr drive. this towns pop is only 83. Im south of ya up in the snow.Im on the WCC map.:thumbup

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill take that as a compliment also considering I showed him all he knows haha.

I figured most everyone that came to the 17th run would not make this trip being its so soon. This is just a mess around day no worries to those that can't make it out.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Nice, so you figured out the fire order? Anything else that had to be replace or adjusted? (Don't forget to write down the firing order and slip it into your shop book.)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well I'm up and running now. Anyone want to join? I figure the back will be open making a lot more to do compared to the 16th. I'll likely bring the BBQ again and make a day out of it like always.
No - Don't do it! That place breaks trucks like it's cool :goodfinge

J/K, it was a fun day. Unfortunately I can't make it. I've got back to back drill weekends coming up. Plus I have to figure out my overheating issue. Y'all have fun.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well disaster strikes!! Drove my bko to work and started leaking bad out of the rear main seal so I'm down again!!!!! Looks like it all comes out again. So its likely this trip won't happen. Figures!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dude that blows...I wouldn't be able to make it anyways as I doubt my repairs will be done by then. I'm really interested to know that firing order though...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeh I have had some serious bad luck with this damn truck. The order is 15684273 counter clockwise this firing order Ford didn't even have a clue about. I want to know just how rare my truck is.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Holy crap man, that sounds Japanese to me haha. Obviously it made no sense if they only did it for one year...I couldn't have guessed that order if my life depended on it

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeh Ford tried some stuff in 81 thinking it would help emissions. They made my timing non adjustable and my carb is even hard to adjust being you have to have these special tools to adjust it. soon here I'm gonna swap the intake and carb for the infamous edelbrock and a holley 650 to take care of those problems. But I also have a line on a pumped up 5.slow so well see what happens. Anyways yeh I got the rare year with a bunch of weird shit, just my luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've searched and searched and cannot find anything about this firing order. The more I think about it, it just doesn't make sense. I mean having 3 cylinders in one bank fire in a row(5-6-8) would make one hell of a vibration. I hope you never have to buy a harmonic balancer as I'm sure you'd never be able to find one...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
See I said the same about the firing order but I guess the rotor fires weird and it all evens out. The mechanic tried to explain it. The rotor fires at two spots at once then at one then back to two and so on. Its really weird. But ill tell you the truck runs great and has great throttle responce, its just a fluke deal. Its like I was saying, try to find a 81 with a 302 mated to a 4sp manual. I still have yet to find a truck like mine. I figure I could compare orders but no luck yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is there any kind of horsepower difference with that engine as opposed to the standard 302?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Id never heard of Prairie City before, and I live in Sacramento. Doh. Anyway Im new to the Broncos and 4 wheelin in general, but I might want to go with you guys next time you get a group together. Would be my first 4 wheelin trip.

Oh and is there an age limitation at these parks? My Cousins got a 4x4 Tundra he'd probably like to bring along, but hes only 17. Would he be able to? Hes just got his regular license. No special off road safety cert or anything.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No age limit, there's little kids tearing around there with motorcycles all the time. But for 4 wheeling, as long as he's valid to drive it there he can be there.

If your Bronco is stock you will be limited to what you can do, but there is still a fair amount of fun that can be had. Here's a link to the park website http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221

1 - 20 of 23 Posts