Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving into a beautiful new house tomorrow and there's a nice (former RV parking area) Bronco parking spot on the side of the garage. Only thing is, my baby leaks like a sieve and the landlords are really great people and I don't want to mess up the driveway. So I wanna figure something out as parking in that spot is pretty much the best I can get. I'm on a hill and I don't want to park it on the lower area by the road, I'd rather have her parked up close to the house.

I was thinking of maybe getting one of those pans that have a small sidewall but a large surface area that they have at Autozone (which I thought is it's purpose?) and maybe fill it with cat litter or something.
Anyone else have any solutions; other than fixing the rear main leak?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Drip pans, which is what your talking about, work well. We use them on F-16's and just about every aircraft in the Air Force inventory too. We usually line the bottom of them with an absorbent cloth, but kitty litter would work just as well. If not that, maybe some plywood or something

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drip pans, which is what your talking about, work well. We use them on F-16's and just about every aircraft in the Air Force inventory too. We usually line the bottom of them with an absorbent cloth, but kitty litter would work just as well. If not that, maybe some plywood or something
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe a layer of kitty litter and maybe some old carpet cut to fit the pan just for extra absorbency. Or something like this? Link Overkill?
Are they practical for a vehicle to park on though? Guess I'd have to find one that fits right under my truck.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
They're big plastic pans. Think cookie pan, but a lot bigger. Not gonna be really useful for large amounts of liquid, but for drips and slow leaks they work pretty well. And if you get a decent sized one it should be able to cover the engine and the tranny.

If it was me, I'd get a roll of the stuff in the link and forgo the kittly litter and carpet.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
THESE are the pads I was talking about. They're bad ass and work very well. You can pick up fuel/oil out of water and the water will just drip off. They work very well as liners for drip pans.

·
Registered
146 Posts
+1 for those pads, you can find em in bulk pretty cheap too. Use em in conjunction with one of the metal drip pans and it will be a lot easier to keep ahead of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts