Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while im saving up money to get everything up to date i went down to check on the wiring of the solenoid pack, while looking i decided to check the transfer, never go off road so i never really paid attention, well......

It looks like the previous owner just threw away the previous transfercase motor and decided to fill it with rtv.

When i can ill take a picture, but still...........WHY!!!! did he have a short and took it out? or maybe didnt have the money to buy another one?

Completely odd, what about you guys? any ideas of why he did that? also tell me your stories of what the previous owner of your rig did that was well...... "sketchy"

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe planned on converting it to a manual t-case and never found the swap parts, so just sealed up the non-working electric side of things and left it that way..
maybe? but unlikely, mostlikely got lazy and said "im never taking it off road " and put it back in the truck and sealed where the motor would go

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,864 Posts
The worst I've found so far has been grade 5 bolts holding the flywheel to the crank. Same Bronco has a rats nest of red wire. The guy must have had a free source for red wire 'cause it's all red.

My brother has a car where they used newspaper as a backer for bondo to bridge across a gap.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,457 Posts
Just saying this sounds like general discussion and not tech as you want us to add our stories.

But I'll add my story.

Bought my current Bronco 4 years ago. I'm not a smoker but for awhile I would have cigarette butts falling onto the passenger side floor board. Literally there has been at least a 100 to date.... hasn't happened in a few months but they're still appearing here and there. They must be in the dash.... maybe it kept the dash from rattling so much as it's broke on the right side (common with these trucks).

Odd thing is, when I bought the truck you would never known it was a smoker's vehicle.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The worst I've found so far has been grade 5 bolts holding the flywheel to the crank. Same Bronco has a rats nest of red wire. The guy must have had a free source for red wire 'cause it's all red.

My brother has a car where they used newspaper as a backer for bondo to bridge across a gap.
OH GOD !!!! now that is bad

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just saying this sounds like general discussion and not tech as you want us to add our stories.

But I'll add my story.

Bought my current Bronco 4 years ago. I'm not a smoker but for awhile I would have cigarette butts falling onto the passenger side floor board. Literally there has been at least a 100 to date.... hasn't happened in a few months but they're still appearing here and there. They must be in the dash.... maybe it kept the dash from rattling so much as it's broke on the right side (common with these trucks).

Odd thing is, when I bought the truck you would never known it was a smoker's vehicle.
wow! now that is bad, might need to take the dash out, and im pretty sure that is going to be covered in cigarette buds

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
The PO on my 91' someone tried to splice trailer brake wiring to the adjustable air shock pressure lines using one of those blue crimp splicers. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts