Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over to the General Repair & Tech Help forum.. since seems it belongs there.

just had, K&N intake, JBA headers, Hi-Flow Catalytic converter, High flow muffler, all about 2 3/4 pipes I think. Anyway the whole job was about $2,000.

Was that way too much to pay for? I had it done at off road warehouse.

Not a duel , single pipe, was told other was going to be too much.

This is my impressions so far. I can't really tell the difference in power... The low end torque seems reduced.

My truck is 1993 Bronco with 5.8 liter V8. This is my third Bronco but I am new to this business of customizing. Also after the work now i have lots of backfiring.

Thanks much,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GET THIS !! THERES MORE

Ok this was installed though most posts seem to be saying just the cost of raw parts.

However...............................!

AFter the job they did.....I drove 400 miles on the wrong firing sequence also, with cylander #4 and #3 reverse I have been offered reimbursement for the diagnostic that was run to find this silly thing out. The manager was polite and din't fight about this reimbursement at least, which at least is something. Actually I have had good experiences with ORW before so this was a shock.

Here is reciept

my major concern right now is what kind of damage was done by having the firing sequence of (below) for 400 miles!! IE melting the brand new catalitic converter maybe? or beating the heck out of the engine in general.

verses the correct firing sequence of

1,3,7,2,6,5,4,8 which is what I understand (99%) sure it should be, anyway it finally ran right after I change it to this..

(unfortunely this is a run away cross post i posted this in the other thread too in repair)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.