Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned over a dozen Broncos over the years & I sold the last one about a year and a half ago.

Of course once again I am looking to buy the one. But I have noticed that the prices have risen or at least here in Michigan they seem to have jumped drastically.

Have any of you noticed this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i don't currently own a bronco but am looking at a '79. i'm also curious what the market is. what's a good price for a decent bronco (minimal rust)?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Supply and demand fellas, drives the prices. Also, Good quality drugs. Seems like most of the prices you see for trucks (broncos or pick-ups) the owner is smoking or snorting some high grade stuff.

At least in my area...rusted out s-boxes with an asking price of 2-3000. Crackheads.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yea when that whole cash for clunkers thing came around all used truck prices jumped. people were trying to scam the cash for clunkers thing and in doing so raised prices. I think that is what happened because I used to be able to look around online and find good looking trucks/broncos for a decent price(2k or so). Now you got really high mileage rust buckets going for that much and more. It is crazy...like mentioned about crackheads! ha

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
its because cash 4 clunkers got rid of alot of those old used cars and trucks, so now that theirs less of them left, people that want them have to pay more for the remaining ones....

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Called a bottom price, 4X4 seems to bring a premium. I waited till gas prices peaked and got mine for $2K.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Ben & 95 hit it on the head. I am seeing crazy 2500-3000 for rusty rigs that need either trans work or suspension work. I cant believe what these guys are asking. Then when you go to talk to them & you go through whats wrong with the truck they get super defensive and will not negotiate at all. It's funny because they insist that there truck is priced bellow blue book value (thats the first problem they think KBB & NADA are spot on) then I alwasy ask them how long have they been trying to sell the truck & I almost always say a couple months.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think Ben & 95 hit it on the head. I am seeing crazy 2500-3000 for rusty rigs that need either trans work or suspension work. I cant believe what these guys are asking. Then when you go to talk to them & you go through whats wrong with the truck they get super defensive and will not negotiate at all. It's funny because they insist that there truck is priced bellow blue book value (thats the first problem they think KBB & NADA are spot on) then I alwasy ask them how long have they been trying to sell the truck & I almost always say a couple months.

THEN don't buy from a idoit !! I buy from somone that apears honest about the truck.

I KNEW the kid did some crazy azz things with the bronco and guys in the shop where laughing at me for buying it. Some say i have a bad frame, i drive it. not into rock crawling, jumping or mud holes.

I am a 30 yr mechanic, so I knew I stole my rig for $2K. Not many rust free bronco's left to buy on the cheap.

my rig is PERFECT for a 30 yr rig, sure I wish the power train was LIKE new, but come on !! (i droped the crack pipe)

all I know is you have to find the right seller, they are OUT there !!! :thumbup

BTW

it took 20 yrs to find mine................................:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I become intolerable after a while with all these yahoos. I just don't have the time to go & see all these rust buckets & listen to the owners tell me how its a Rolls Royce with a 6" lift.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I have owned over a dozen Broncos over the years & I sold the last one about a year and a half ago.

Of course once again I am looking to buy the one. But I have noticed that the prices have risen or at least here in Michigan they seem to have jumped drastically.

Have any of you noticed this?

Maybe words out that Uncle Ted is on the prowl for another one and everybody up there is hoping to cash in.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There was someone on craigslist complaining about this too. I'll take 4k for my 93..... No rust at all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am selling mine.
1995 EB
84,000 Miles
100% Original paint, never touched
Front seat show wear, Back perfect
6" Superlift
35's 1/2 tread

Maybe $5000.00 To much?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am selling mine.
1995 EB
84,000 Miles
100% Original paint, never touched
Front seat show wear, Back perfect
6" Superlift
35's 1/2 tread

Maybe $5000.00 To much?
Where are you located?

oh wait is your location right? Palm Beach? Like Florida? Chit. If you were closer Im pretty sure my dad would buy that from you in a second. I would too except I aint got the cash. Does yours have the 351 with the leather interior? If so that is exactly like mine except with 115k less miles.

WHY cant you live near illinois? anywhere near ill? ha

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, West Palm Beach.
It has 302 with leather. So, $5000 fair you think?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would say in that condition with that low of miles thats more than fair. I would actually post it for more but thats just me. Like I said my dad has been looking for a bronco with under 100k miles for around 7k for awhile but none we have found are worth the money.

Oh is that mileage with corrected odometer for the 35s? What hears do you have in it? what kind of mileage do you get? I would really love to make a trip to Florida to get that. I just need to find 5k somehow. ha

you minid posting up some pics? I would love to see more of it than your sig pic.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
bigb. anytime you look at stuff on a lot, especially a new car lot, you should know prices are going tobe double private party retail... They have overhead and a desire for dinner as well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts