Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. One of my friends whose dad has a 78 bronco says he is thinking of selling. It has a brand new 460 under warrenty, RV cam, edelbrock performer, 650 edel. carb, new pistons, rods, crank, OE heads, heavy-duty valves, stock manifold, and aftermarket exhaust. All of this was replaced within the past 5,000 mi and the warrenty is a 3 year 55,000 mile warrenty out of a build shop. He has logged 5,000 miles on it since the build and the warrenty is transferable. He says he has too many trucks and wants to get rid of this one. He wants to offer it to me before others because I expressed interest in it and I'm his buddy. I haven't seen it (he's kinda of a school friend). Anyway the body is a little beat, so is the interior. I was gunna offer him around 1.8k for it and just take the mechanical goodies and swap them into my rig. My question is, if I swap both motors (put the 460 in my truck and put my 400 in the donor truck) how much would I be able to sell the donor truck for? If I couldnt sell it for much I was thinking of using it as a wheeler since my motor is still good and #'s matching.

Please help me out asap before he decides to sell it.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
#'s matching? It's not a Cuda, nobody will care if it is #'s matching.

You know the drill, pictures tell the story. If it is rusted out bad it is probably 1500. Knowing what your going to do with it I would shoot for 1800 and then try and resell the leftovers for 1K.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
The block #'s are no where to be found on the Bronco.

Take some pics. It also might have some highly desirable options on it as well.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The block #'s are no where to be found on the Bronco.

Take some pics. It also might have some highly desirable options on it as well.
its an XLT Ranger w/no AC and that is all I know. Ill check for CB. If I cant get much back out of it Ill just swap engines and use it as a wheeler.

thanks for the help ranger. Ill post up here when I get pics.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Just an FYI, that parts Bronco I picked up in Ky 2 weeks ago, I sold almost all of the optional and good stuff on ebay for 1K plus I kept the complete factory CB system and roll bar for myself. Parts are bringing big money for these things right now.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was considering parting it as well... what if the parts are rough? the interior and exterior are in so-so shape using his words. I guess only time will tell. I can always part it and see what I get, and possibly scrap the rest? I'd hate to do that but my parents wont want it in their yard:doh0715:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just an FYI, that parts Bronco I picked up in Ky 2 weeks ago, I sold almost all of the optional and good stuff on ebay for 1K plus I kept the complete factory CB system and roll bar for myself. Parts are bringing big money for these things right now.
yea, that stuff is getting expensive!!! hahaha:toothless

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I figure I can salvage his brackets, but he doesnt have AC. Just curious if I needed that.

Also is there a chassis exit header that fits these trucks well? For the 460?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, you'd have to search noob..... L+L may make a set.
:goodfinge

I just wasnt sure if there was a clearance issue w/460 headers as there is with 400 headers. I'll do some more searching

Looks like the shorty headers once again do the trick. Sanderson makes a pair of block huggers.

I'm getting ahead of myself here. I still have to see this truck and if it is even worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts