Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
89 5.0 EB
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mornin gurus - anybody know of a trick for patching the little PRNDL tube? I thot heat shrink tube but you cant pull the cable thru the keeper and slide a piece of HS tube over it.
I could do a drop of cyanoacrylate but skeered of it bonding the cable to the housing
Ideas?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Fender Rim

· Premium Member
89 5.0 EB
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, yeah I figured it was kinda Hail Mary. It’s hardly noticeable except sometimes the indicator dosent line up perfect w/ the prndl
So is it easier to replace the cable than to ignore it? Getting behind the gauge cluster to do the lite bulbs was sure a pain in the butt

· Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,839 Posts
I just ordered one not too long ago..I think I just did an internet search or looked on rock auto, don't really remember but they are available new still. I'll peek around for ya and revise this post when I find it.

Edit: I see them everywhere I look here's the part number, they are from $18-$25 depending on the site you look on. It says discontinued, but they are available on other sites than this one.

Font Parallel Pattern Paper Urban design

· Premium Member
89 5.0 EB
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
indicator assembly- of course! 😣
I goggled my Siri for the prindle doohicky and she told me dont be a smart a$$
Thanks for the lookup @Rob_64-365

Reactions: Rob_64-365

· Premium Member
89 5.0 EB
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exact same situation here. Minor pain on that fragile old little cable but worth it with the new LEDs (Sylvania 9xx something I believe.) I can even see my odometer numbers now. The top right side bulb had been intermittent for years. Now that i know how to do it i wont hesitate to swap a bulb again

Reactions: miesk5
1 - 8 of 8 Posts