Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:popc1:

any one have any thing good or bad about pro comp tires? like wear ability, traction in snow and mud, road noise, and what ever. thinking about going with them over bf-goodrich. i have nothing but good to say about bf-goodrichs. but there is about $100.00 differance between them. and money is tight...

:beer

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,676 Posts
The new Extreme Mud Terrains are supposedly good. I dont recommend their regular mud terrains, the sidewalls are even thinner than BFGs, and slice open real easy.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've ran 3 sets of the ProComp all terrains and I could not be more happy with them. They wear very well and wear evenly, something BFG tires can't do. Ride is great, handeling is great, absolutely no noise, and their snow traction is pretty good. I'll admit the BFG all terrains probably work better in the snow (I'm talking on plowed roads, not super deep snow) but the ProComp all terrains are still better then the majority of all terrain tires out there. I'd buy another set in a second for a daily driver rig.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I like my mud terrains, but one has a bubble in the side wall. It gave me great traction for a good price, if youre cuttin dollars i'd go with em

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
If you are short on money don't buy tires with shitty sidewall thats going to bubble on you. Unless you like buying more tires.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I haven't had a single problem or compaint with my PC M/T's. I've rotated them religiously though, so they have some nice even wear. I've never even had a flat tire with them, and 3 out of the 5 have nails or screws in them. They'll still there, never pulled them out since they weren't leaking air.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I like mine, they're wearing pretty fast but they hold air and they're nice in the snow. I run 2wd all winter in northern michigan with them

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
i have mud terrains on my power stroke. i'll never buy them again. very loud on the road and i cant tell you how many times i've had to lock in the front end just to get across my backyard when its wet in the grass.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
I had them on my pickup ran them about 40k before I sold the truck, they still looked new. We had a customer with 35"s on a 2wd f 150 , he put 95k on them and they still had plenty to go.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i have mud terrains on my power stroke. i'll never buy them again. very loud on the road and i cant tell you how many times i've had to lock in the front end just to get across my backyard when its wet in the grass.
Every diesel pick-up I've had is like that. With way too much weight on the front and a light rear end you almost always need 4 wheel drive. I have a friend with a 99 Dodge extended cab long bed and he's got 35" Boggers on it and its the same way. Wet grass or slick mud and you have to lock it in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
4wheel parts runs the buy three get one free from time to time and I bought the Xterrains. They have about 10K on them and I really like em. Low noise and smooth.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
The last set of tires i had was the PC M/T's. I was thoroughly pleased with them. I got about 55k or so out of them and they wore evenly as long as they were rotated regularly. I never thought they were obnoxiously loud, and they had drove great in standing water, and offroad.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have been using a set of 35" AT's on my Bronco for a while now, my Bronco is a prerunner and gets driven mostly off the highway. They have good handling qualities and good traction but for mostly off road use, the side walls are a little weak and the tread chunks more than other tires.

·
Registered
227 Posts
4wheel parts runs the buy three get one free from time to time and I bought the Xterrains. They have about 10K on them and I really like em. Low noise and smooth.
I'm thinking about buying a set for mine, how are these tires in the rain? I mean asphalt, my Mickey Thomspon HP sucked on the road when it rained.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a set for mine, how are these tires in the rain? I mean asphalt, my Mickey Thomspon HP sucked on the road when it rained.
Thats what the HP stands for "HydroPlane" :duh

Mine were great!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts