Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone please forgive me if this has been discussed in another thread but ive been looking all day and couldnt find anything on it.
Anyways I have a 1990 Bronco XLT 4x4 with a 351. It has two problems so far that i have noticed. One is that it shakes like crazy when the rpms drop below 2000. It does this if your moving or not. The other problem it has is that it will accelerate slowly ok but if you give it some throttle or floor it the engine revs but it goes no where. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
89 Bronco XLT - 302 EFI - AOD
208 Posts
sounds to me like your tranny is getting ready to go or maybe a broken motor mount. Have you checked the transmission fluid? Is it dark colored or smell burnt? Have some one watch the motor as you rev it to see how much it moves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ill look at the tranny fluid and have somone spot the engine. Ill post after i check it.
Thanks again

·
Registered
35 Posts
i had similar problems with mine.... some mice had chewed through the wiring harness, and i had a cracked piston... however... seems like ur low on tranny fluid as well

·
Registered
131 Posts
The shaking could mean out of balance. Spun the balancer, the rubber gets old and lets the shell move sometimes, I think you can usually see that if you can get a look at the balancer. You could also have a broken flex plate but you'd have to pull the tranny to check.
But the hesitation and not grabbing under throttle sounds more like trans issues to me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yes i was gonna say motor mount untill i read that it would rev and not pick up speed when u gave it gas unfortionatly i think that u have a bad tranny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts