Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a year ago i bought a 1988 bronco, full size. i was told it had an alarm system but that the alarm was disabled. while lowering the tail gate the rear window had shattered. i bought and installed a new one but when i went to hook up the motor to the rear window i hit a switch the apparently enabled the alarm. with no clue as to how to shut it off i removed the horn to the alarm. now the truck's engine won't fire. someone had told me that if it's an after market alarm it can act as a kill switch for the fuel pumps and/or ignition system. i replace the ignition switch, tumbler, and module. it would then try to fire as long as i was jumping it off of the cylinoid. then the cylinoid burned out and i replaced that too. then i was told that it was most likely the fuel system not getting the fuel to the engine. so i replace the fuel pump on the frame rail as well as the one in the gas tank along with the ascending unit. still the engine won't fire. someone else said it might be the fuel relay switch but however i have no clue where that would be located or if it's even the problem. any ideas???? i need to act on this as quickly as possible seeing how if i don't get the truck up and running by the end of the week i will receive a hefty ticket from my municipality........so any answers would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i have heard that some alarm systems will fry the starter. If someone try's to start it up or tamper with the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Probably need to have someone remove the alarm system, not just "disarm" it for you.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I agree, if your not going to use the alarm, I would have it taken out of the truck.

First things first...

Do you have spark?
Do you have fuel?
Hows fuel pressure?
Do you even hear the relays click on for the fuel pumps?
Do you hear the fuel pumps run?

Assuming that the Car alarm is not the kind that would fry things, and even if it is, once you find where the problem is, you can work to fix it. :thumbup

KC

·
Registered
777 Posts
i have heard that some alarm systems will fry the starter. If someone try's to start it up or tamper with the car.
I find this highly unlikely. considering the starter has a direct connection to the battery when starting the engine.

more than likely the starter has disabled either fuel or spark in some way. You will have to determine which has been disabled.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
That's just ridiculous... whoever told you that is a moron.

Probably need to have someone remove the alarm system, not just "disarm" it for you.
:stupid

Where at in dirty jerz are you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts