Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABS light came on
shifting is not working properly, goes to approx 3 rpm before shifting hard, then the OD light starts flashing
Odometer is not working either
Scanned and received bad speed sensor, replaced no change
also was told needed programmable speedometer/odometer sensor, checked working fine.
Any other ideas???????

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
Hi cadeauxa22, Welcome to HOME 1st off. Sounds to me like its the PSOM on your rear end {well your trucks rear end}.:D Even if it checks out alright, trust me, change it.

From FORD its only about 17 or 18 Bux.

Another possibility is the first and most obvious, Did you check your fuse for the interior lite? That is the same circuit as the Gauge Cluster. Good Luck

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PSOM

Yes, rear speed sensor replaced, and PSOM was shipped out and it tested ok, no problems, they ran 50 miles on it and said it tested fine?
Should I still get another PSOM anyway?
They said might be a slight chance that when I get it back,
try it again might work....chances slim but possible...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuses

All fuses were checked and working properly
On my rear end, i mean the truck, the speed sensor was replaced and the PSOM I was told was located in the dash behind the speedometer.

Programmable Speedometer/Odometer module I was told was about $400 from Ford

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
NO, NO, NO, What I am referring to is the ABS sensor on the top of the Rear End. I am sorry I said PSOM.

Must be the Meds. :D

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ABS Sensor

OK,
let me see if I have this correct......
ABS sensor top of the rear end.
Is that different than the Rear Speed Sensor?
And if so where is it located?
This must be the part that is approx 17-18 Bucks from Ford?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have any more info on this. I have a 95 Eddie Bauer. I am having the same problem except my speedometer works fine. My problem is intermitent and I originally thought it was the transmission and with over 200,000 miles I just went ahead and replaced it. Well that didnt fix the problem. So, what it does is hit about 3000 RPM's before it shifts then it shifts real hard then the OD light flashes. I replaced the speed sensor and that seemed to fix it, then a few months later it started again. So, did I get a bad sensor or is something causing that sensor to go out? Sometimes my ABS light comes on and sometimes its off. Sometimes when I am driving slow it acts like it has no power then if I gun it, it gets up and goes. I just dont know! Do I replace the ABS sensor? Could that be causing all the problems? UUHHGGG, Help!

·
Banned
38,070 Posts
I have a 95 Eddie Bauer.
That's not enough info. Read this caption:

I am having the same problem except...
Then you're NOT having the same problem. Describe all your truck's symptoms in detail.
...I just went ahead and replaced it. Well that didnt fix the problem.
That has to the most-expensive example of part$-$wapping I've read in a LONG time! :thumbup Stop guessing. Stop throwing part$ at it. If you want it fixed FAST, take it to a pro. If YOU want to fix it, slow down; take some time to read, understand, & learn how the truck is supposed to work. Then take the time to diagnose why yours isn't working that way. Start by reading this caption:

Not all of that will apply to your symptoms, but it's how you BEGIN to learn what goes on inside the truck. Read the whole thing (a few times if necessary), and then follow the links, and read them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts