Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... Computer guys...

My Linksys WRT300N is flashed with DD-WRT. It's working great. It is setup as a WAP and is connected wirelessly to the wireless router downstairs which is connected to the cable modem. To ensure that it is working, I plugged the 300N into my laptop, 3 seconds later, I have internet connection! So I know that the router works and is getting the signal from my WRT54GS downstairs.

Here's the thing...

I plug the WRT300N into my main desktop computer. And NOTHING. It shows nothing under Default Gateway in IPCONFIG and I have no idea what it is doing. Both, my laptop and main desktop are running fresh installs of vista (as in, I reformatted both today).

But... When my 300N is plugged into the LAN port on the main desktop, the network icon (the two computer screens) shows nothing. They just look like 2 unhappy blue screens with no animation. When my mouse is over it, the little popup says:

"Currently connected to:
Unidentified network
Access: Local only"

Though, when I unplug the ethernet cable from the router, the icon has a red X over the bottom left of it. Plugging the cable back in gives me a yellow triangle with "!"...

So... My main desktop knows that the router is there, but why oh why oh why can't it connect?

Thank you in advance,
Mike

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
make sure you are allowing more than a few computers to be connected at once. should be a setup option somewhere, this includes cat-5 and wireless connected.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hum... Within DD-WRT it says that WAN is disabled, and I cannot seem to find where to enable it. The router is setup as bridged. Does that mean that it completely disabled wired connections and only accepts wireless ones? That makes no sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts