Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently searched like crazy and decided to use some sea foam through my vacuum line. I only used a little, maybe 1/3 of a can. After, it smoked for a min. and that was it. Well, the prob. I had was before I did it, when I would restart it warm, it would sound like it wanted to die a little then it would start all the way up. Since I used the sea foam, this problem has seemed to get a little worse. Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, I just got it a couple of weeks ago, so I havn't had that much experience with it, but it was a govt. fleet vehicle so I'm assuming it's very well maintained. It is only when warm. Basically, it cranks up, slurs to about 500 rpm for a split second then jumps up to reg. It idles at about 1500 for a sec if I start it cold, but once it's in gear, and from then on it is normal (idle around 7-900)

It also helps if I gas it just a little right at the end of cranking it.

I didn't use the whole can because my engine died before I could get more than 1/5 of it down... I did it extremly slow like everyone says to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hipropos said:
i would do it again and try to get around 1/2 to 3/4 of the can in there. i had the wife sit in the bronco and give it a little gas when it started to bog down. let sit for a hour.
also check all your vacume lines for cracks.

I had my girlfriend also sit inside and gas it so it wouldn't die, but I guess she was too timid with it. I used a funnel because I was afraid of hydro locking... Also, does putting it in your gas tank make it smoke really bad or just through the other things? (Is it okay to just stick the vacuum line in the can and suck it down really fast, even if it kills the engine? I read about a few people doing this and it doesn't seem like it can be good for your engine...)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Okay, I did it about a couple days ago, would it be a good idea to go ahead and do it again with the rest of the can or should I wait a while? Like I said, I only did like 1/4 the can...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.