Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
The only problem i've had with it is breathing....

sucked mine through the booster line, but i never just submerged the end of the hose. Held it at an angle and just let the tip near it and let it "slurp" the seafoam (like people slurp soup off a spoon). the entire can DID get in there. took me about a minute or so...by the time i got to the bottom of the can it just started to smoke. Shut her off, sat an hour, started it up, its smoked like hell, i coughed like hell, i drove it like i stole it on some back roads, and throttle response has never been better. Its very wierd driving down the road and not being able to see behind you through the smoke...

·
Registered
867 Posts
smileybry said:
The only problem i've had with it is breathing....

sucked mine through the booster line, but i never just submerged the end of the hose. Held it at an angle and just let the tip near it and let it "slurp" the seafoam (like people slurp soup off a spoon). the entire can DID get in there. took me about a minute or so...by the time i got to the bottom of the can it just started to smoke. Shut her off, sat an hour, started it up, its smoked like hell, i coughed like hell, i drove it like i stole it on some back roads, and throttle response has never been better. Its very wierd driving down the road and not being able to see behind you through the smoke...
DANG! :banghead I should have drove mine. Maybe next time.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
And why would adding SeaFoam to the crankcase have ANYTHING to do with fouled plugs? At what point in time does the engine oil make contact with the spark plugs?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
GTRider245 said:
And why would adding SeaFoam to the crankcase have ANYTHING to do with fouled plugs? At what point in time does the engine oil make contact with the spark plugs?
Tis my question.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Okay, I did it about a couple days ago, would it be a good idea to go ahead and do it again with the rest of the can or should I wait a while? Like I said, I only did like 1/4 the can...

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
You should always change your plugs after using seafoam in the tank and maybe in the brake booster. When I run seafoam im going to do both on the same day so I can change my plugs. Seafoam will foul plugs pretty bad escpecially if they are platinums.

If your truck is running fine I would not run seafoam through the oil unless you like cleaning the oil screen (which means you get to lift the engine and remove the pan..). Just keep going with regular oil changes and they will slowly wash some of the sludge away and prevent it.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
The idea of changing plugs after using SeaFoam through the tank or intake is right. THAT way does cause the SeaFoam to interact with the plugs. But saying that using it through the engine oil also causes a need to change plugs make no sense at all.

And if that shiney comment was towards me its a F-150 not a Bronco:beer

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
I've never had a problem with seafoam fouling plugs after I've done it through the booster. And it's been done 6+ times on my old set of spark plugs. Go figure, when I pulled them out, they were still a dingy white, electrode looked good, and gap was still perfect. Put them back in, and no problems since.

I disagree with not putting it into the oil though, I've done it 4 times now in the crankcase, and only had my oil come out cleaner every time I've done it... Nothing but positive results.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
sorry i had it backwards when i posted i meant adding it through the oil you will not have to change your plugs.

but FWIW do not let the seafoam "suck" into the booster line pour it in.

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
Bronco4Life said:
I've never had a problem with seafoam fouling plugs after I've done it through the booster. And it's been done 6+ times on my old set of spark plugs. Go figure, when I pulled them out, they were still a dingy white, electrode looked good, and gap was still perfect. Put them back in, and no problems since.

I disagree with not putting it into the oil though, I've done it 4 times now in the crankcase, and only had my oil come out cleaner every time I've done it... Nothing but positive results.
i've had no probs with my plugs either.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
but FWIW do not let the seafoam "suck" into the booster line pour it in.
Why's that? I've let it suck in the seafoam and it's been great to me :shrug

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
-Spazmatic- said:
Why's that? I've let it suck in the seafoam and it's been great to me :shrug

i always worry about vapor lock when you do that.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
Broncodell said:
Basically, it cranks up, slurs to about 500 rpm for a split second then jumps up to reg. It idles at about 1500 for a sec if I start it cold, but once it's in gear, and from then on it is normal (idle around 7-900)

just a shot in the dark but.......................... clean your iac

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just seafoamed for the first time. I used about 1/2 the can and let it "slurp" into the booster line. It wanted to stall a couple of times but I backed off. I then reconnected the line and it immediately stalled. Should I have shut it off before reconnecting the line or is this not an issue?? I'm going to let it sit for a few hrs until its nice and dark in the neighborhood before I start it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
When you start her back up just tell any neighbors that your smoking the area for mosquito's!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.