Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i got my bronco it came with a new c6 transmission there are two problems i am noticing the first is when i have the power on and the steering wheel is unlocked i am able to move the transmission through the gears without pressing the break. the other problem i am having might be the mlps sometimes it wont turn over but if i move the transmission through the gears and put it in neutral or drive and bring it back to park i have no problem and starts up on the first key turn.

·
Super Moderator
26,307 Posts
yo, Check this info out first;

Neutral Safety Switch Adjustment
Source: by Tim O (RED WAGON, redwagon) at FSB http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149087

Neutral Safety Switch (also referred to as Back-Up Switch) Installation & pics in an 89; "...I have another thread about this, but it is unorganized and way bigger. The Nuetral safety switch goes on the outside of your tranny and detects which gear you are in and only lets you start the car if you are in nuetral or park. It it wired between the starter relay and the starter switch. It is located on the drivers side of the transmission where the shift lever and the downshift cable attach. I actually had to get a 90 NSS from the parts store so maybee I had a late production 89. I had to odrer mine from advance auto parts because Napa did not have it. I got a Borg Warner Design part, I am not impressed with the quality but if it fails I can easily repalace it. Here is the old one and new one side by side. You can see how the epoxy sealer has seperated all the way around the edge in the old one. Removing it should take no more than 5 min. There is a little bolt at each end and one nut in the middle the nut is the hardest thing. You have to immobilize the lever attached to it in order to get the nut off. When put it back in you are supposed to adjust it but I just put it in the middle and it works for me..."
Source: by Mad Dog Tannen at FSB http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173975

1 - 2 of 2 Posts