Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the bruise
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not sure if my other thread posted, but i was on my way to get surgery on thursday and i was pulling forward to let my wife in the truck. i let off the brake and i start rolling backwards. so do i need a whole new tranny or some other aspect. i have an 86 fsb auto. any help is appreciated. oh i put it in park and then bake to drive and it was working fine. does anybody know what is going on with this. thanks jimmy

·
the bruise
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that is very hopeful but i have never had that problem before although, i almost always warm up the truck first , and that morning i didnt . have you had that problem before? thanks alot, are you stationed out here now ? is that why you are in the west forum?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Mine can roll down hills backward. Between the power, and bigger tires w/ no gear swap, it doenst have the juice to hold itself up. Depending on the grade of the hill anwyway.

·
I see Broncos
6,011 Posts
Don't worry it's normal with all automatics. Just use the brake or e-brake when you are on a hill and you will be fine.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Wanna Bronco said:
is that why you are in the west forum?
We all go in all the forums. Your question wasn't regionally specific so when we hit "new posts" and it pops up we read it and reply.:thumbup

The tranny sounds normal to me, but it never hurts to check the fluid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts