·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like they are decent, but nothing like a Trick flow, ect. Not sure they are worth the cost, though the weight savings does still kinda appeal to me. Given the fact that, when I am towing my Bronco, I am awfully close to my max trailer limit, for my F150, any weight reduction is nice. It was one of the reasons I decided against a 460 swap. My truck is just an STX model with a 4.6 2v, and while the 4.56 gears help, I don't want to overdo it. I don't want to waste money though either. Some of the lift numbers used, in that thread, really wouldn't apply to me. Kinda thinking an XE262H, unless Tmeyer has a custom grind in mind, when I am ready to start ordering parts. I wouldn't be coming anywhere near close to the .600 lift they were talking about.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I would spend more money and get the Edelbrock heads. I have more faith in made in USA quality. FYI, when I pulled the cast iron OE intake off my 400, it took both hands and a balancing act. The Performer 400 intake required 2 fingers!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only imagine how heavy that intake is going to be, when I finally get around to it. I intended to buy the Summit combo, for intake. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cmb-03-0122/overview/make/ford From what I have read, the Edelbrock and the Weiand intakes are fairly close in performance. The price is hard for me to ignore here. I guess I will remove those procomp heads off my list. The price of Edelbrock and TFS heads just are bit much for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts