Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the road manners of the XT and MT like? I'm thinkin about forkin over a wad of $ for some 33 or 35s for the bronco because the 31" mall terrains are gettin some age on them.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Never ran the XT's. But the 33" Pro Comp MTs on 15x10 black steelies have ridden quite well on my 93 for the past 15K miles. One of them got a little nail stuck in it, but the nail never punctured through - it was just stuck in one of the lugs and was bent from being constantly run over. I took it to a tire shop to get it pulled and to have the tire patched up, and that's when they discovered it had never punctured all the way through. So that makes me think they're fairly tough.

Anyway, after 15K miles, they don't feel out of round, but they do seem to wear faster than the BFG ATs I had on another vehicle, albeit a lighter one.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
I have run them both 33MT and 35XT. Road manners are very good, and not to loud for the type of tire it is.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am running the XT 35s right now. great tire. on road it runs good and off road does very well. they are pretty long lasting I have over 25k on my tires and jsut now getting down to half the tread left on them

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah i have the M/T's awesome tire offroad really digs in and throws the mud out. On the road it performs smooth i mean its not an A/t but its not uncomfortable not bad at all smooth too me.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
equin said:
Never ran the XT's. But the 33" Pro Comp MTs on 15x10 black steelies have ridden quite well on my 93 for the past 15K miles. One of them got a little nail stuck in it, but the nail never punctured through - it was just stuck in one of the lugs and was bent from being constantly run over. I took it to a tire shop to get it pulled and to have the tire patched up, and that's when they discovered it had never punctured all the way through. So that makes me think they're fairly tough.

Anyway, after 15K miles, they don't feel out of round, but they do seem to wear faster than the BFG ATs I had on another vehicle, albeit a lighter one.
Holy damn same story with mine Batman.....accept i run 31's. Still satisfied with them.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
I have the Procomp MTs 33 x 12.50
Very happy with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts