Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to re-paint my top, (tan) just put a good product on it to make it look good. Any suggestions? It is free of defects, but faded.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't want to re-paint my top, (tan) just put a good product on it to make it look good. Any suggestions? It is free of defects, but faded.

Well it was painted at the factory. It was a non gloss color. You could try a product like mothers brand back to black or any paint restore wax product. It might give it a little shine though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine was tan before I painted it. When it was tan and started to fade bad, I was messing around before I painted I sprayed some of that wheel wet stuff on it. It brought the color back but only for a few weeks. It actually looked good lol. I am not recommending it, just a comment.

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
About the only way to make it look good is to repaint it.
Because of the surface texture, it can't be sanded and buffed.
Anything else is just a temporary cosmetic band aid.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,585 Posts
Ive used Gel Gloss on my topper to keep it looking good. Im not opposed to painting it eventually if I ever decide what color to make it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Could you maybe use a roll-on truck bed coating? most of them retain that "spatter look". Depending on who makes it, you could most likely get it color matched also. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts