Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if profender shocks are any good? I've heard they 're good for the price but I wanna know if I would be better off using shocks from a well know company

·
Registered
996 Posts
Made in Thailand? I think I would go with FOA before them.Kinda hard to mess up a air/nitro bump though.They look pretty good.I think I would stick with American Made for parts availability.

·
Registered
54 Posts
From what I've read, they are pretty much identical to Foxes.

Apparently ProFender is a well known "quality" shock in Asia, and they are now importing to the states.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
They are knock offs of the Fox Shocks. from what i have seen on them, and like Gargoyle said they are big on the other side of the world. Never seen a price on them, who's carring them?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anyone on here owns a set of Profenders...grab the the lower part of the Body right near the shaft and wiggle it. They remind me of "White rocket" shocks. They are loose as a goose lol!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Support FOX, Bilstein, Sway-Away, Icon and King. We don't need to support a company knocking off current shocks being built overseas for pennies on the dollar.

- Scott

·
Registered
54 Posts
the profenders go for about $30.00 less than a comparable fox shock, not enough to sway potential customers from fox imo
2.5 smooth body Foxes are ~$400

2.5 smooth body ProFenders are ~$240

$160/each x 4 = $640 "savings" on a "full set"

seems pretty substantial to me.

Profender is sponsoring ECORS, but I think I'll let some of the other guys run them and "check em out" before I drop any coin for ANY fancy shocks.

'Course I'm not convinced that in the type of racing I'll be doing, that a 2.5" tuneable shock will really be much of an advantage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2.5 smooth body Foxes are ~$400

2.5 smooth body ProFenders are ~$240

$160/each x 4 = $640 "savings" on a "full set"

seems pretty substantial to me.
offroad warehouse has 2.5 16in travel fox shocks listed at $400 before the 10% discount. Final price is $360, which is what their ebay page lists them.

Profender has the same size listed at $329 but are currently on sale for $279 on their website.

$81/each x 4 = $324

BTW offroad warehouse has the same size kings for $10 less per shock compared to the foxes.

Either way, the savings do add up

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Ryan and I am the Director of Sales for our US based operation. I just wanted post up here with some information on our shocks and our operation.

Here is the story on how we started to import shocks to the US. While building a buggy in the winter of 2011, I ordered some shocks from a US manufacturer. Nothing fancy just some 2.5 coilovers and bumpstops. Order was placed and I heard nothing for a week, so I sent an email, "where are my shocks?" Got a response, "they will ship next week"

OK, fine. A week goes by, no tracking number. Another email, "my shocks?" response,"They will ship next week." After about 4 weeks of "they are shipping tomorrow" and IDK what happened let me check" I decided that there had to be a better product and a better way to treat people.

So after a few months of research and product testing I decided that Profender was a top quality shock at a great price, and I knew I could provide better customer service that the other guys.

Now we stock everything in NY, dont take money unless we have the product in stock, and are honest with people about all aspects of the shocks, and lead times.

We have sold hundreds of shocks and bumps, and never a complaint of oil leaking while still in the box, or loose shafts. We have a very tough QC department at the factory, and we look them over before shipping.

We have a couple guys running or shocks at KOH this year. Many at ECORS, and RcRocs racing series.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

[email protected]
585-259-1546, call or text.

www.profendersuspension.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
he wanted to me to become a distributor actually ahahaha.he is a good guy thoo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts