Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a programer to make up for my tires and gearz, i have not been able to find anything but a box for JBG that can do it.
Do you guys know of any programes?

i am also looking fo rone of those kits that put a checkerplate or crome across the bottom of the body about 6-8inches. do you know of any of these i have not found any???

thanks for your time Birdman.:beer

·
Registered
453 Posts
nobody makes a "programer" jet offers a plug in chip. and im not shore but do you mean to conpensate for the tires and gears as far as shift points and speedo? im not shore who makes it but one company ill look but one does but its like 250 or 300

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks guy i didn't think so i couldn't find a programer. but i did find this and it is cheaper then Jets.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-38050_superlift_speed_sensor_recalibrator.htm

thanks guys i just thought i would make sure you guys didn't know of one before i go and get this speed sensor.

how about that trim kit any ideas on if any body makes one for a bronco, it is just the flat checker plate or crome that goes along the bottom of the body that i am looking for.

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Try searching.

You don't need one of those speedo re-cal boxes.

Steve83 has a thread that tells you exactly how to do it with your stock PSOM in any 92-96 truck.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try searching.

You don't need one of those speedo re-cal boxes.

Steve83 has a thread that tells you exactly how to do it with your stock PSOM in any 92-96 truck.
ya i had seen that but i dont like messing around with stuff like that when i have no idea what i am doing. I think it is easier and i can't F%%K it up if i get the box. i can do the michanical stuff but i dont like that computer and electrical stuff

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
ya i had seen that but i dont like messing around with stuff like that when i have no idea what i am doing. I think it is easier and i can't F%%K it up if i get the box. i can do the michanical stuff but i dont like that computer and electrical stuff
Was that post serious?

The PSOM programming is easy, and Steve gave a DETAILED step by step of how to do it... if you can't handle that, then there are no parts of your 1992 bronco that you should be touching.

If you get that box, you have to cut and splice it into your VSS/ABS wires. It doesn't just plug in anywhere.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Doin a little math, hookin up one wire, and pushin a button sounds lotsa lotsa easier then cuttin into a sensitive/crucial wiring harness.

I think you need to re-read Steve83's thread and do a little more research on this "magic box". These "programmers" you are lookin for work thru the OBD-II diagnostic port. Your truck most likely doesn't have one so "plug-n-play" just ain't happenin.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks guys, no programers that is what i was looking for. i should have know i was going to get someone telling me i am dumb for not wanting to do it. i just thought if i could find something that i could plug in may be easier and faster thats all. so thanks for tellling i am dumb for not wanting to do it. it is also -20 here and i dont want to spend much time out there with no shop OK.

that and i have not found his write up again.LOL

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
ok thanks guys, no programers that is what i was looking for. i should have know i was going to get someone telling me i am dumb for not wanting to do it. i just thought if i could find something that i could plug in may be easier and faster thats all. so thanks for tellling i am dumb for not wanting to do it. it is also -20 here and i dont want to spend much time out there with no shop OK.

that and i have not found his write up again.LOL
First, nobody here but you has said you are "dumb".

Second, why would we tell you you're dumb for NOT wanting to do it? WTF kind of English is that??? And why say it twice?

Third, you can do it in the truck after letting it get nice and toasty with the heater on.

Fourth, here's the thread:

STEVE83's PSOM THREAD

Fifth, why would you wanna spend $$$ on something you can do for free?

·
Registered
453 Posts
i just was not happy with buddy saying "then there are no parts of your 1992 bronco that you should be touching"

i hear ya man

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
OK sorry i worded it wrong. i just was not happy with buddy saying "then there are no parts of your 1992 bronco that you should be touching".
but thanks for the help i will stop posting now.
Was that post serious?

The PSOM programming is easy, and Steve gave a DETAILED step by step of how to do it... if you can't handle that, then there are no parts of your 1992 bronco that you should be touching.

If you get that box, you have to cut and splice it into your VSS/ABS wires. It doesn't just plug in anywhere.
:thumbup

It took me a total of about 2 minutes to program my speedo for bigger tires, and if you read and follow Steve83's writeup, there is no way you can screw it up.

Take it however you want, doesn't matter to me, but if you can't follow a simple writeup that someone did, that hundreds of other people have followed with no trouble, that involves grounding one wire, turning your key to the run position, and pushing a few buttons, then you should NOT be touching anything on your truck other then driving it.

Also, search next time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts