Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 79 Bronco a while back and just getting started on it. Had the 400 rebuilt so far and now going over the rest of the mechanical systems to make sure its drive-able. not to sure of my plan so far. going back and forth between fixing it back up nice or just getting it running good and enjoying it.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. the wheels were on it when i got it. i like them but i plan on getting something a little more period appropriate for 79. pulled the gauge cluster out today and the plastic back that everything mounts to literally crumbled into pieces. between that and someone hacking the dash trim for a newer radio im tempted to do some sort of custom gauge/panel instead of going back stock. have a few wires to replace behind the dash from a short in the glove box light. also need to find a rear seat. it looks like there was never one in this bronco, anyone know how much trouble it is to mount one like factory?

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Nice Bronco. The stripes are one version of the Free Wheelin' package stripes. Somebody was talking about making reproductions. Only thing hard about mounting a rear seat "factory" would be the latch well and making sure all the reinforcement is there because the seat belts are part of the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Welcome to the site. Good looking 79. As far as how you work on it I would suggest getting it safe to drive and then tackle smalls jobs as you go. That way you can enjoy it more.

I've had mine about 4 years now and I've only driven it a couple of miles. Right now it's in a million pieces.

So get her safe and then try and maybe do weekend projects to it. Get your post count up and start a build thread. :beer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts