Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well ive take the liberty to make a update on the progress of th 1979 f150 with the freak motor 351w, so far only engine work has been done but within the next week im hoping to fire her up,

this is before the work started

and this is how it looks now, please understand it nowhere near done and i just put it together to give yall a idea of how it will turn out, i especially like how the carb looks to be floating, i say its floating in a pool of evil,
but im not sure if i should keep the original power by ford valve covers, i may switch to chrome ones, ideas?

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
looks good man but get it running before you start gloating...lol

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Make sure you set up a video camera for her first time. And leave the radiator cap off too.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
What was wrong with the motor that made you wanna tear it apart so bad? Looks good though.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Make sure you set up a video camera for her first time. And leave the radiator cap off too.

that is just wrong....funny but wrong

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
well ya know he has to get the air bubbles out of his lines if he drained his radiator...

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Looks good, BUT, since you had it dismantalled, why didn't you paint the rest of the engine and you should have sprayed the firewall and fender wells too.

But otherwise, it DOES look a heck of a lot better.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
hey walt i dont think it actually mounted i think he sat it in there to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
What a great thread for the General Repair and tech help forum.

Does look good but ya shoulda painted the block.

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
hey walt i dont think it actually mounted i think he sat it in there to see what it looks like.
I'm just not too observant tonight...or ever really, you're right.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,203 Posts
ToddACimer said:
:histerica

colin, looks good, apparently, the jury is out on the block, PAINT IT:twak looks good, and good luck to ya. :beer

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes its just sat together, and i will have a video camera for first run, the block is iffy at this point, the bolts on the water pump dont want to come of and i dont want to pull the engine if neccesairy, im going to paint the passanger head (While attached) because i didnt have to pull it the first time. The other direction is I may clean the motor while installed and hand paint the block if possible, the reason i tore it down was because i had a leaky gasket on the back of the intake manifold so i removed the manifold and installed a new one. Then as i was re-installing it a bolt snapped in the head. So i had to pull the head. and at that point i decided to paint whatever i removed. and the body work hasnt started yet. Body will be base black gloss and engine bay will be black as well. SORRY FOR MY SHITTY WRITEING I JUST WOKE UP

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok its getting ready to be pulled out into the drive way today, i just need to do brakes and a uni joint and she will move again!

im suprised it ran to be honest, ive never taken a motor apart before

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
what about the upper radiator hose??? and does your ground go to the head instead of the stud on the block?? Also how come you got your top cover upside down (on your air cleaner.)

·
Registered
611 Posts
In spite of my having made a smart ass comment on one of your other posts, keep it up. We all have to learn someplace and in the case of auto mechanics our own vehicle is a great place to do it. You learn by hands on experience, if you get a few things backwards or upside down, so what, you can always fix it.

It is looking good, keep it up. Just tear into it and figure it out as you go.

Good luck,

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok update for today, the truck is running and out of the garage to make room for the body work and paint, this truck officially looks like a heap of shit huh?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
colinlesser said:
ok its getting ready to be pulled out into the drive way today, i just need to do brakes and a uni joint and she will move again!

im suprised it ran to be honest, ive never taken a motor apart before

Are the fuel filters normally right above the dizzy? That just looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Engine is looking good though!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts