Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i know its not a bronco but will be fun
I have a beetle that I need some help with if anyone would like to do a build day.

1- Front clip needs replaced. need to cut off the old one and i have a replacment one.

- need a welder ( and someone that can teach me how to weld )
- cutter.

2- Clean out the dual carbs to keep her running.

If anyone wants to help, i will supply the food and drinks and if anything else let me know.
I will also be giving you some offroad stuff from Ultimate Trail products if you can help out.
2 tire plug kits -

2 Tow Straps -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The new front clip to go on

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Class 5 all the way!!!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
When is this planned? Ive got two Broncos to build (1 ton conversions) in the next week or so, but might be able to spare some time to help out.
I have my own welders (MIG and TIG), I can weld, and am fairly handy with some tools. I'd probably pack my own anyway.
I can say, that I have never tackled this type of project, but if you know whats going on, I can weld anything together that you point to.

i would be interested in helping mainly because I could learn a little about VW's. (appreciate the offer for tire repair kit and or recovery strap, but I would be interested in this mainly to help and learn, not for the stuff, so you can pass that along to someone that could use it).

Besides, I live in Claremont, so you are right down the road. Literally, right down the road.

Pm me, and maybe I can swing by and take a look see at what might need welding, or just post a time and place, and I can do my best to help out.
Perhaps since I am so close, some work during the week might be better?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I would be willing to help out, I just need to get my bronco finished. Ed is gonna be helping me with that but once done, if its a weekend Im not gone Im there to help out. Do you have any idea as to when yet? This weekend is hopefully the finish to my 1 ton swaps, the following I am in Vegas for my buddies bachelor party and the weekend after that is still up in the air but its possible Ill be up north for my sisters birthday.

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
1- Front clip needs replaced. need to cut off the old one and i have a replacment one.

- need a welder ( and someone that can teach me how to weld )
- cutter.
Since Class 5 is out of the question, where are you cutting it to replace the front clip? Is the pan staying intact? VW's were the first 8 vehicles I ever owned. Most were cut to baja..

If this is done in July, might be able to stop by and give a hand.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet, Thanks for your guys interest.

How does the weekend of July 10th / 11th sound?

Tony, i baught the new piece today that was already cut off a 69. i am hoping to use it from where it was cut. It was cut mid way where the gas tank sits as you can see in the picture in my first post. We could use your experiance since this is a new building tackle..

75f350, dude literally next door.. im by n and out in la verne. will that weekend work for you?

Anyone else??

·
Registered
527 Posts

75f350, dude literally next door.. im by n and out in la verne. will that weekend work for you?

Anyone else??
I can br around for thr build dates. Thats far enough in advance to gather tools and make sure we have enough stuff to be succesful.

I can also be around before this, I eat at the Tenderloin often. I live just above Baseline off of Mountain Ave.
You are just a stones throw away.

We could meet prior, even if just to meet and grab a beer.

Let me know. I'm willing to do what I can to participate.:thumbup

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

Anyone else??
the 11th is better.
on the 10th its peps annual socal off road show in riverside....:rockon
he wants a display of 1ton bronco's there....:beer

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
offroad show in Riverside? Ummm info on it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts