Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up a 1994 f-150 xl 2wd. I got the truck for free because I worked on an extended family members ranger. Now a few months back I wrecked the Squid. I found that I don't want to continue the squid build, well because this truck is the squid. And it's not going to be a go fast truck either, the bronco (squid) was my DD after I got my license. I had the bronco since I was 14, my father bought it to take the engine out and use it for a jeep wrangler, but I ended up getting, and building it. I'm 17 now and I love wheeling and I haven't been out in months. I attempted to get the truck running again but it just hasn't happened, everything from jumping the intertia switch (the electric piece that kills the fuel pump when you make a extreme sudden stop or roll) to getting into the fuel system. When I got the opportunity I had to get the truck. This truck is going to be my new wheeler. It's got a 4.9 in front of an m5od. I'd guess you could say this build is one of the most important things in my life right now, my father and I love going out wheeling together and we both have been deprived of that joy and now I'm going to get back out there, right now I have no job and no really funding, just the bronco and a little bit of money left over. I'm determined to get back on the trail, it's one of the best things that happened to me. This build is going to be important and I hope every body can enjoy watching it.

Heres some pictures of the bronco.

This is the most recent picture before the wreck.

Now after the wreck

Heres the f-150 when I got it

·
I Paid for this sh!t
675 Posts

there ya go man

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
f1 Is only really to get peoples attention, lol and it goes with the truck seeing as to the fact that its an f-150. The truck going to be another on road vehicle but a weekend rocker hopefully. Since I started this I have finished the lift and the front axle swap.

Needed a new nose and after I wrecked the bronco I had a spare that was meant for the bronco.

Morning of my lift and axle swap.

And I guess we all know what this means?

With the lift and shackle flip

Pics with the cb and visor install in a day or two.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres some pictures of the CB and Storage Visor

Heres the CB itself

Now the Visor and CB

Also put in the fire extinguisher

Heres a good picture from a camera not a cell phone, just like to show the work I've been doing since I'm only 17 and this seems like a lot to do for somebody my age.

Hopefully the next pictures are bumpers and frame repair.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That thing looks sweet!! Keep up the work and also keep posting those pics .... on another note, the stripes rock you gotta keep em

·
Registered
168 Posts
so thats a 2wd? any plans on changing it over to a 4x4?

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
He already did as mentioned a dew posts up. the last pic you can see the front pumpkin too
cool build man

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That thing looks sweet!! Keep up the work and also keep posting those pics .... on another note, the stripes rock you gotta keep em
Thanks man. I'm not planing keeping the stripes although I do like them. Maybe when I re-paint it I'll work them into it. I'm thinking black with purple racing stripes kinda like the broncos theme.

so thats a 2wd? any plans on changing it over to a 4x4?
Its already got the front axle w/ locker from the bronco. I'm planning on getting another m5od and taking the bw1345 out of the bronco for now. I might look into rebuilding and reusing the AOD out of the bronco but I really like the stick.

He already did as mentioned a dew posts up. the last pic you can see the front pumpkin too
cool build man
Thank you I can't wait till I'm wheeling it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
"Heres a good picture from a camera not a cell phone, just like to show the work I've been doing since I'm only 17 and this seems like a lot to do for somebody my age."

You can do what ever you set your mind and you have the tools for lol. Keep up the progress:popc1:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Heres a good picture from a camera not a cell phone, just like to show the work I've been doing since I'm only 17 and this seems like a lot to do for somebody my age."

You can do what ever you set your mind and you have the tools for lol. Keep up the progress:popc1:
Lol I know, if we brought up the tools i have at my disposal I wouldn't feel so amazed at the progress. My father is a diesel tech and has a ton of tools at home alone, pretty big full toolbox, tire machine, balancer, welder, plasma torch, torches and a whole bunch of other cool things for me to learn how to use. It just seems like I'm doing something really special, with the 4x4 swap, maybe its just the sentimental value that makes it seem more special.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well got the t-case and the tranny in now, re-used the crossmember for the tranny and lifted it up higher than it does with the normal crossmember so it got bolted below the frame and the upper supports relocated lower to help the strength. I had to clearance the floor a little bit, with a block of wood and a floor jack to try and make some room, which did in fact work. I also had to cut the top bend off of the t case shifter to make it fit under the dash. I ended up gaining about 3 inchs of clearance. While the tranny was out I also put in a new clutch. Now I have the front drive shaft in and am getting the rear made this week.

PICS!!!!

Heres a shot of the t-case and driveshaft clearance with the new "belly up"

Here it is all bolted up and in its home.

And the shifter for the t-case shortened with a different nob.

·
Registered
84 Posts
well i am dissapointed from the title of this thread... moving foreword, I cant say i have ever seen someone swap in a TTB:rofl:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
well i am dissapointed from the title of this thread... moving foreword, I cant say i have ever seen someone swap in a TTB:rofl:
nor downgrade to the 87-91 front end,

but either way its a nice build/good use of parts you had, i would have used the f150 to fix the bronco but whatever floats your boat :thumbup

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't have the cash to even buy a solid axle. The truck started as 2wd so the front end is an upgrade especially with the deeper gears and the locker. Im only 17 and this is all I could afford. When I have the money I'll build a real nice solid front axle for but for now I'll just wheel smart and respect the limits of what its got.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts