Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, lots of pics, sorry for the people with slower connections....
This is really all in good fun, there is plenty that I do know about, and still more that I do not. I figure getting all my crap in one place both here and in the RL is needed to be done first.

I will say this, I got my first "Why the hell did you buy that thing, you know how much gas your going to use?"

Which only got a responce of "good when I run out of gas you can come over and help me push...."
:doh0715:

I am still trying to figure out if there is frame damage. From the naked eye nothing. But you can see it was bagged up a bit.

I am debating on getting a new door or just trying to bang that dent out. It is in a crappy spot. That is this weekends project. It looks worse in the pic then it really is.

This is the monkey fendor, you can see where it is pulled away from the bumper, but the bumper is straight as a rail, and it is just that spot in the front that is off. The molding needs some love too.

This might sound lame to some of you, but it is a huge issue for me....person before me used almost a whole can of body filler....on one little spot. It made me want to cry when I touched it. It is as thick as a parking block, and as solid as one too. Only issue is it is lumpy and looks like crap.

Ok, that is enough pics for now, all the above are this weekends projects. I have been up since 4am....waiting for the sun to come up.:shocked

·
Registered
459 Posts
looks like a good start to a good project. the door is still saveable, you should be able to pop the dent most of the way from the inside, then butter up (bondo) the left over wrinkles.

you probably don't have frame damage, i've seen bd like that before, the door may have been replaced at one point in time, it just wasn't lined up on the first shot.

you said the bumper is straight, but why does it look bent in the third pic?

i like the previuos owner's attempt at being a professional bodyman, looks kinda like that "I want it to look half way near good from a distance" sorta thing.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Hit the junk yard or Craigslist for a door. Seen em around here in the local boneyards for $25-$30 bucks.

As for frame damage? Yeah... I doubt it from that dent? Easy check for an indication is to have some one ride behind you and see if she dog tracks?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like a good start to a good project. the door is still saveable, you should be able to pop the dent most of the way from the inside, then butter up (bondo) the left over wrinkles.
I banged away at the door this weekend. The pic I have you can not see the difference yet, but it is there. Someone ordered Rain and damp fun for Phoenix this weekend so I kept the bondo work to a minimum.

I was able to fix (still have one touch up spot to do) the back where all the bondo was before.

I did not get as much done as I wanted. As I have lucked out with a great wife who told me she loved the truck and wanted to load the kids up and go for a drive. (which we did, all day saturday, leaving me with a damp-ish sunday to do any work.)

:cry

·
Registered
73 Posts
Easy check for an indication is to have some one ride behind you and see if she dog tracks?
02-23-2008 07:50 AM

What does dog track mean?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your tires/wheels do not stay in a straight line. Most times the front are off a bit and the back end tends to swing side to side.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I doubt there's frame damage, it takes alot to bend one. You may have a problem with the body mounts rotting away, itll screw with your door gaps and hood gaps. I would check your suspension bushings/components if you are having tracking problems, maybe a radius arm bushing or ball joint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts