Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to show how I did a 1-ton swap and fit 38's without any lift. The Sterling 10.25" Full floating rear axle is a direct swap. Just grab the springplate and U-bolts from the donor and you are all set. With the custom 1350 CV flange from Jess at HiAngle the 1350 CV /1410 slip yoke driveline was 30.5" long.
The front Dana HP 60 was much more work. Basicly remove the TTB, Radius arms and springs. You may need to take the lower front verticle lip off the TTB X member to clear the trackbar. Cut out the pass TTB inner bracket off the TTB X member.
Attach the upper link brackets to the axle where the springs would sit. Remove the factory pass side spring perch and weld directly to the axle tube. The center lower link should mount approx 6" from the axle tube. To help with link seperation. I used a tracbar kit from Suicide Doors. It has a good mount system. I attached the trackbar to the pass side upper link mount to match the draglink angle through the travel of the axle. The links are 2x2x.25 tube with 1.125 rod ends from Suicide Doors. These are 2.5" wide Poly bushings. I mounted the frame end at the Trans X member. they are all mounted on the same plane. The 12" travel Sway-a-Way Racerunner Coil over shocks mount to the inner C's close the BJ bolt. The shock hoops are 1.75"x .125" tube with curved upper shock mounts from BTF. I will get better pics of the setup soon.
I just gutted the interior, I am going to do the intire floor and bed area with Herculiner. The paint is shot. I will be doing the bottom 1/4 of the body with black Herculiner and the top will be Black too. The rest of the body will be red. and the fenders are just cut out. I am running 38"x15" TSL's with no lift. I have to tub the rear to clear the 38's. I will be useing 38" tubs from Summit.
It is pretty much rust free and only needs minor rust repair on the tailgate

I will be updating this thread as I go...

http://www.box.net/shared/lgq8glbdu5

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
:scratchhe I see coilovers... or am I missing something?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a pic of the Coil over...
Yes It is sitting on the bump stops. It is at full stuff right now. It will have 5" of up and 7" of down. I just got the C/O tabs from BTF. The Hoops and C/O tabs are getting welded up tomorrow. I will have pics of it with the front tires and at ride height then.
This 3 link has been used on my truck with 46"x20 Baja Claws. It was rock steady on the road and offroad. Lots of flex too! This setup has seen some big air under a F150 and was put through some abuse with 0 problems.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the coilovers but wondered if it was sitting at ride height.

Chris
It was there to get the correct hoop location. I will have pics tonight of the roughed in sus and hopefully at ride height. The springs are probly too stiff. They are 300lb. over 450lb, that comes out to 375lb/in. Anyone Know what is a good spring rate for a 82 with a 302? I need 7" of compression when sitting still.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are some pics of it with the sus roughed in.
<embed src="http://www.box.net/static/flash/box_explorer.swf?widgetHash=lgq8glbdu5&cl=0" width="460" height="345" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
If this don't work use the link in my first post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts