Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like alot of other guys here I am finally starting my own build thread. (Pretty sure this would be the right section.)

Here is a little info on me to start. My name is Alex and I am 17 years old. I am currently still in high school and work as a lifeguard. And yes I live in Malibu. My favorite activities include: playing water polo, swimming, surfing, any other water sport, snowboarding, downhill biking and 4 wheeling. One of my new hobbies I have taken an interest to is learning and working on trucks and of course broncos.

Now a little info on my bronco. It is a 95xlt with a 351w and about 104,000 miles on it. All that I have done fir right now is thorw on some 31 bfg all terrains on american racing wheels. 15x8. I also upgraded the exhuast to a flowmaster. Everything else on the bronco is pretty much stock.

My bronco is also my daily driver, so I'm working on making it like an AEV.

Heres a list I compiled of what I plan on doing to my bronco in the near future. There in no particular order, but let me know if theres things that should be done before others.
-install yakima racks. Done
-paint top satin black.
-purchase and install warn manual hubs.
-install extended breathers.
-performance upgrades, such as intake, headers, y-pipe, high flow cat, sixlitre upgrade, electric fan. and anything else.
-tint windows, (thinking going real dark like a limo or 5%)
-Lockers. (Thinking selectables front and rear).
-3g alternator swap
-4in rancho lift, bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.50x15 bfg mud terrains
-remove both front and rear sway bars.
-custom center console
-new sound system and head unit
-new rear bumper, (something like a broncoair, cross enterprise or something custom)
-new front bumper, (something tha can hold 4-6 lights and a winch)
-warn 12k winch
-sliders
-oba
Thats all I can think of on the top of my head for now. If anybody else has suggestions please let me know. And of course this list will be updated over time.

This is my first 4x4 and haven't had really any experience working on them. I have always been willing to learn and will need some coaching from you guys. Looking forward to getting to know and learn alot from you guys.
Alex

Here is how the bronco currently looks:
Well, by accident I deleted my pictures so I will post one as soon as I get my camera.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks like a nice truck from your avatar. Post up pics as you make progress

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
nice base man, im not a huge fan of the monocrome broncos(except for black). but one of the things i would do is swap your mirrors over to chrome ones, and tint the shell windows.

my best advice tho, is to start buying decent sockets and a breaker bar. i hope that you dont have the same rust on every nut and bolt i do, i ususally heat them red hot if i can

·
Lick my
2,087 Posts
Purdy truck. It would be in your best interest to add a trans cooler, temp gauge, and external filter to your list. Those transmissions aint cheap.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Nice truck! Can't really go wrong with BFG M/Ts unless you have the cash for Toyo M/Ts. Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a little update so far; I plan on ordering my 4in rancho lift with 6 bilstein 5100 shocks, 4.56 gears and lockers(yet to be decided), along with 35x12.5x15 bfg mud terrains in the next couple of weeks or so. I am planning on trying to get these things done before July or if not sometime early in July. Hopefully all goes well and I will keep updating on info.
Alex.
And thanks for all the great pointers/comments so far.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
You have a nice truck and you have a great plan as to where you are going with it. Personally, I would invest in a nice tool set (can't beat craftsman's warranty) and start out with the basics. Do maintenance parts; like wheel bearings, manual hubs, ignition upgrade, transmission cooler, ball joints, etc.

These will give you the best experience necessary, especially if you plan on installing everything yourself. Plus, when you add a lift and big tires, all the faults of the truck come out. That's just my input, plus you can do quite a bit in a stock bronco and there is no better way to lean than to wheel a stock rig.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You have a nice truck and you have a great plan as to where you are going with it. Personally, I would invest in a nice tool set (can't beat craftsman's warranty) and start out with the basics. Do maintenance parts; like wheel bearings, manual hubs, ignition upgrade, transmission cooler, ball joints, etc.

These will give you the best experience necessary, especially if you plan on installing everything yourself. Plus, when you add a lift and big tires, all the faults of the truck come out. That's just my input, plus you can do quite a bit in a stock bronco and there is no better way to lean than to wheel a stock rig.
Very good advice!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thanks stan for the great advice. This will for sure come into play. xD

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Here is a little update so far; I plan on ordering my 4in rancho lift with 6 bilstein 5100 shocks, 4.56 gears and lockers(yet to be decided), along with 35x12.5x15 bfg mud terrains in the next couple of weeks or so. I am planning on trying to get these things done before July or if not sometime early in July. Hopefully all goes well and I will keep updating on info.
Alex.
And thanks for all the great pointers/comments so far.
i wouldnt waste your money getting 6 shocks, i got the 6 shock option when i got my 6'' lift and just ended up only using one on each side of the front (the rear position). with both shocks up front i got an awful ride

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A little update. I'm about off the sway bars, do manual hubs and put some recovery points on. Quick question I have been told to just take both sway bars off. Should I do so or keep one on?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
A little update. I'm about off the sway bars, do manual hubs and put some recovery points on. Quick question I have been told to just take both sway bars off. Should I do so or keep one on?
Just take them off. It made no difference on road to me, and added flex was marginal. Just the coolness of saying I have no sway bars is :rockon

1 - 20 of 58 Posts