Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Got a few things done over the weekend; I stripped off all the fuel lines, brake lines, wire harness, steering gear box, shocks, shock mounts, etc, off of the frame. I left everything needed to to keep it a rolling chassis because I need to be able to roll it around for another week or two. Once I get paid on a couple of invoices I am going to finish stripping the frame and send it off for sandblasting. In the meantime, I am going to start sandblasting all the small parts that will fit in my cabinet at home and get them ready for paint.

What are you all using to paint the chassis with after sandblasting? I can't decide if I am going to use something like chassis saver and then top coat it with rust-oleum, of just use rust-oleum by itself.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Yukon good to see you getting after it. On those body mounts what I found to work for me was take my 4 1/2 grinder and grind the top metal plate off. Then I took a large punch and hammer and knocked the center piece through the hole. Made it easy on mine. :goodfinge
I used a demo saw with demo blade that cuts wood and nails and cut right through the rubber and through the sleeve. Didn't take long at all

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I used a demo saw with demo blade that cuts wood and nails and cut right through the rubber and through the sleeve. Didn't take long at all
What I found worked really well, and also saved the hardware, was to thread the bolt back into the sleeve after removing the body (the bolt threads into the bottom half of the sleeve from the top), soak everything in PBblaster, then smack the head of the bolt with a 2lbs hammer. Worked well and all but one mount came off without damaging the sleeves.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I would consider boxing in the frame for added strength in some area's. Also putting a tack bead on the cross members to keep them from flexing just a few tack weld not the whole surface.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
What are you all using to paint the chassis with after sandblasting? I can't decide if I am going to use something like chassis saver and then top coat it with rust-oleum, of just use rust-oleum by itself.
I used Eastwood's Chassis Black in spray cans. Worked out good for me. Turned out awesome I think.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I decided to start a YouTube channel to document my build progress. This is the first video of the Project Mayhem Bronco Channel. This video is really more of the history of the Bronco with lots of old pictures. The video is bit behind of where I am currently on the build, but I will be uploading more videos shortly that will show actual work being done rather than a history of the project.

I have never tried to do a YouTube channel before, so please let me know what you think. If you like the video, please subscribe to the channel.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts