Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 869 Posts

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, This is what you said you wanted.
I have $542.90 to put towards the Project Pepe' Bronco.
So where do we go from here? :shrug

Before we start looking for parts donations we need to:

1) Find a good build platform (preferably donated).

2) Find someone willing who is knowledgeable enough to run the build.

3) Find a place where we could hold the build.
(preferably dry and heated with the required tools and enough room to spare that we will have the time we need to collect the parts and perform the work).

It might be nice to have some place close to Spokane but It's not required.
I am sure we could find enough folks that could shuttle it along one leg of it's journey home.

Now we need some inspiration and donation options. HELP! :whiteflag
:beer

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help anyone?:drinkbud

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Hey Buffaloroams.... GREAT WORK on getting Pepe away on a trip AND having some $$ left over to start a build.

Couple of questions....

1. Has anyone been able to contact his dad to see if he would be willing to either donate his truck, sell it to us or allow us to trade him for something else?

2. What about the idea of storing a Bronco (whatever one that may be) then collecting the parts it needs, then having a designated build weekend (or weekends) so that maybe we can have a crew or two drive/fly in to help.

I know that would take a fairly large area to store the Bronco and parts but for the build itself, it may pay off in having a couple groups of us there to help. I know I would fly up there to help out.... The amount of people and weekends needed of course depends to on how much needs to be done to it.

Just a couple thoughts.

Also, I will have some more loot to throw your way in the next week or so....

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
IF its around here I can help out. Ill try to add some funds as well. Other then that, i dont have much, a spare 8.8 rear axle with 4.10's thats about it. Id love to donate my 90 to the cause, but its not the best platform and being a college student with a project bronco, i need the cash. Ill help out in whatever ways I can though.

edit:

Are we sure Pepe wants this. Im all for doing great things for great people, but from the other thread it seemed he wasnt too keen on the idea of a project bronco.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
10,000 Posts
being as this seems like a west coast project, it would be tough for us northeast guys to participate other than financially, which i have already done. i would note, however, that the ne crew owns the record for doing a solid axle swap in less than one day. :beer

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will donate a 79 FSB D44 to the build.....:popc1:

I do not have space to host a build but will help out wherever it is.
Thanks Man, I will start keeping a list of who has what to donate.
First thing we need to do is find a good build platform someone is willing to donate. :beer

·
Lick my
2,092 Posts
I dont have any parts or space that I can contribute, but I will send some $$ to help cover the costs.

If needed, I have a pretty much full gasket set for a SBF if it'll help (one pc rear seal, I think its only missing a thermostat gasket). Let me know if it'll help.

Edit: I also have a voltage reg., starter solenoid, and a starter for a 78-86 Bronco.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,698 Posts
I still got the donor 92 in the back. It's a mess though. Front Clip is gone, motor is blown, interior has become storage for parts , drivetrain is gone.

it's just waiting to get towed to scrap. The frame and axles and the tub are still there, but it's a giant mess like i said.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I got an extra TB and intake manifold for a 351w if that helps any

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate all the offers of parts donations but we are getting ahead of ourselves.

We have to decide on a build site and a donor platform.
Then we need to develop a build sheet.

Otherwise we will be collecting a myriad of parts that won't fit together. :doh0715:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
My .02 is to get a 78/79 starting point, pepe stated in one of the other threads, that that is his favorite bodystyle. As rust free as possible. I have no idea on a build site.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,438 Posts
OK... let me address a few things here, for the record.

1. Dads Bronco is his baby until he takes the great dirt nap. I'm obviously hoping that will be a loooong time from now, so let's leave that one on the side.

2. Of course... I'd love to have another Bronco and have been planning on it since I had to let the Stoned Bronco go. The priority for me... was my son, not another Bronco. Now that everything is covered regarding this trip for Christmas, I think an FSB Built Project Bronco would be exceptionally cool and very meaningful to me. I have had to learn how to be gracious with everyones generosity both this year and last. It's not something I come by naturally and I just felt bad about folks putting in their hard earned money for something I would love, but don't really need.
I kinda feel like the FSB charity case... but after talking with Buff a bit, I'm more at ease with the whole thing and regardless of whatever happens... you folks are the best and I'll never be able to show my full appreciation for everything you have all done, from kind words, good thoughts to cash and parts donations!

3. I'm going to start another thread in the members area about some recent Bronco developments I want to share, but can't share with the whole internet. Sorry to those who aren't members, but if your curious PM me and I can relay the original posting to you privately. Thanks for understanding.

BTW... great to see you back around NAMELESS & CRAZED! :thumbup
Thanks for checkin' in on this one guys!

1 - 20 of 869 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.