Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all you 78/79 guys.
I apologize in advance for my ignorance. :whiteflag

I need a complete list of all the parts we will need to complete a manual to Automatic Conversion on our Pepe' Project LePew Bronco.

I know we will need.
Transmission C6 -
Trans Crossmember Same for manual
Tranny mounts
Automatic pedal assembly - bmc69

Automatic Steering column

Linkage - BMC69 & Fordfilly

Transfer Case Adapter

vacuum modulator tube from the intake manifold - Ranger429
Neutral safety switch harness. - Ranger429
Dipstick tube. - Ranger429
Tranny cooler lines - AUTO PARTS STORE? 5/16" X 60" LINE BEND TO FIT?

Transmission cooler - Ranger429

front and rear driveshaft
Flexplate

Dog house cover without hole for the 4sp. shifter. - bmc69
Long Tailshaft Adapter - NAMELESS
Vacuum Booster - NAMELESS
Alignment Dowels on Bellhousing ?

Flywheel? Any difference between the two?

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance guys,
I know you will have the answers!:rockon

:beer

·
Registered
712 Posts
There's two C6's. Long tailshaft and short tailshaft. If it has an NP205, you need the long tailshaft. If it has an NP203 or you're doing a doubler, you need the short tailshaft trans. You also need the t-case adapter for the corresponding trans, so the t-case mount will line up with the holes in the frame and the t-case shifter will line up with the hole in the floor. There's only one trans crossmember. It's the same for all transmission options. You need both the front and rear driveshaft. You also need the vacuum modulator tube from the intake manifold and the neutral safety switch harness. Don't forget the dipstick tube. You need the tranny cooler lines and make sure the radiator has ports for the cooler lines. Oh yeah, you need the dog house cover that doesn't have a hole for the 4 spd. shifter.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I'd suggest an aftermarket shifter rather than swapping out the column and all the linkage.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I'd suggest an aftermarket shifter rather than swapping out the column and all the linkage.
But a column swap is cake and I have plenty of auto non-tilt columns around, and .. Might even have a spare auto tilt one..with the cruise control buttons and wood grain wheel...will look.

also have plenty of the tranny hump covers for auto trucks 78/79. And the auto brake pdeal assys..and..and..too much chit around here.:thumbup

That kind of stuff I don't mind shipping. I have the auto tranny and T-case too..but that would cost a bundle to send out there.

What kind of shape are the fenders and rest of the doghouse in?

·
Project STINKY Superviser
1,141 Posts
Depending on the tail lenghth you would either shortn or lengthn the drive shaft. (Spelling sucks:toothless) Thats what I did. I have the longer tailshaft adapter I can give up if thats what you want.

Dont forget all the linkage for the column, easier and cooler to do a floor shifter mod:thumbup

·
Registered
404 Posts
That sucks.... If I'd have known about this last summer, I had everything needed and would have donated it....

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
muscle u need muscle I also believe the tcase adaptor is diferent to the c6 than what is on the manual
Well I think we can get a little of that.

I just buy a few beers and you losers will show! :goodfinge

Thanks for the info. :beer

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depending on the tail lenghth you would either shorten or lengthen the drive shaft. (Spelling sucks:toothless) Thats what I did. I have the longer tailshaft adapter I can give up if thats what you want.

Dont forget all the linkage for the column, easier and cooler to do a floor shifter mod:thumbup
Cool I will put you down for that so hang on to it for us until I can pick it up. :beer

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But a column swap is cake and I have plenty of auto non-tilt columns around, and .. Might even have a spare auto tilt one..with the cruise control buttons and wood grain wheel...will look.

also have plenty of the tranny hump covers for auto trucks 78/79. And the auto brake pdeal assys..and..and..too much chit around here.:thumbup

That kind of stuff I don't mind shipping. I have the auto tranny and T-case too..but that would cost a bundle to send out there.

What kind of shape are the fenders and rest of the doghouse in?
Thanks BMC, :thumbup :beer

You just let me know what you are willing to send out our way.
PM sent to you for shipping info.

:beer
Buff

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is my list above complete?
Or am I still missing any items? :shrug

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I am not mistaken ? The Flexplate for the 351M and the 351W are the same ?
I would have to look to be sure ? I have both out in the garage !
Very Cool! :rockon
Let me know if you are willing to part with one and let us have it. :beer

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Yea , let me check it out tomorrow and make sure they are the same?

I think I have 3 or 4 of them out there?

How would I get it to you?

Shoot me a PM. My names Rick I live in Lockport NY 14094 that's upstate by Niagara Falls

1 - 20 of 80 Posts