Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Dana 70 and the 4inch lift springs bolted in today. My d-shaft is too long so im gonna have to cut it down but i may switch spring mounts for 3 inches more lift so till then im just gonna wait to change it. Also i still have to cut the shock mounts off and move them above the axle centerline, and then get the brakes all bolted in but the hard work is done. Man this thing weighs a ton, im gonna be sore tomorow:toothless

For those who dont know its a Dana 70 35 spline with 4.56 gears disk brakes and Detroit locker:thumbup

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ragged_ol_86 said:
Nice dude!! But......It would look better under my Bronco!!! J/k. Whatcha got going up front? Whatever it is, it is gonna be bad ass I'm sure.

SAS Dana 60, 35 spline inner 30 outter, trac-loc 4.56 gears.

Cant decide which springs im gonna use, Im thinking of using the old rear springs.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ragged_ol_86 said:
Nice dude!! But......It would look better under my Bronco!!! J/k. Whatcha got going up front? Whatever it is, it is gonna be bad ass I'm sure.

SAS Dana 60, 35 spline inner 30 outter, trac-loc 4.56 gears.
Custom 6 inch lift spring mounts 4 inch skyjacker leaf springs.Cant decide which springs im gonna use, Im thinking of using the old rear springs. cause the lifted rear spring i put in dont seem like they have much flex and i even took the overload leaf plus the next leaf after it out.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
how much you think it will cost to replace your exhaust system once you rip it off on the trail?
Didnt notice that, but ya, thats the worst exhaust hanging job I have ever seen. Dont go back to those guys.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Maybe it just me or the picture but does the one U-bolt look tilted over, if it is tilted you may want to losseing and straighting it and retighting it, other wise it will come losse when it straghtins from bumps.... Looks good....

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yeah, that is some crazy exhaust. Why did they run it all the way across the truck.:wacko
Why Project Rock Crusher? Do they have rocks in Florida?:toothless

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Hmmmm, 1-tons? May I congratulate you on your future FOTM now? Can't wait to see this project completed.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bronco Rob said:
how much you think it will cost to replace your exhaust system once you rip it off on the trail?

I dont know considering i tore up the exhaust competing in the backyard bash so it needs to be redone anyway. :goodfinge I broke 3 hangers and when they broke the pipe broke up by the muffler. Plus with the new springs the tailpipe wouldnt fit anyway.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WasACop3436 said:
Yeah, that is some crazy exhaust. Why did they run it all the way across the truck.:wacko
Why Project Rock Crusher? Do they have rocks in Florida?:toothless
Sure we have rocks in Florida. Chebbies are all over the world!!!!:thumbup J/K

Yeah we have some small rocks but mostly built rock courses.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jrdbronco said:
looks good under there. thats a big frickin rear axle

Shiat you think it looks big try unloading it with springs and tires bolted to it by yourself, no hoist lift or winch and then putting it under the truck and bolting it in place also without help without tires rims or springs dragging it through the gravel and dirt!!:muscle071 :toothless

·
Registered
854 Posts
bearfoot_25 said:
Shiat you think it looks big try unloading it with springs and tires bolted to it by yourself, no hoist lift or winch and then putting it under the truck and bolting it in place also without help without tires rims or springs dragging it through the gravel and dirt!!:muscle071 :toothless
Why didn't you help?:goodfinge

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
bearfoot_25 said:
Whiner. I pulled mine out of the junkyard, hauled it home, and installed it by myself and enjoyed every minute of it.

Nice work :thumbup Better take care of that crooked u-bolt before driving it. It'll come loose on the road and could cause some damage.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
The Ubolts look rusted did you reuse them? If so I recommend replacing them. They are so cheap in the grand scheme of things that it is not worth reusing ubolts.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Larston said:
Nice work :thumbup Better take care of that crooked u-bolt before driving it. It'll come loose on the road and could cause some damage.
mda said:
The Ubolts look rusted did you reuse them? If so I recommend replacing them. They are so cheap in the grand scheme of things that it is not worth reusing ubolts.
jackedupbronco said:
Maybe it just me or the picture but does the one U-bolt look tilted over, if it is tilted you may want to losseing and straighting it and retighting it, other wise it will come losse when it straghtins from bumps.... Looks good....

Im not gonna worry about the U-bolts cause im replacing them with heavy duty stuff. Those are the cheesy autozone U-bolts that i just happened to have lying around and my others which are much beefier arent quite long enough. But i do appreciate you guys looking out for me!!!:thumbup

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Regarding the exhaust I really hope you guys didnt think that that is how my exhaust is going to be. I had to remove it from the hangers because the new spring on that side was in the way. Plus like i said earlier 2 or 3 of the hangers are fubarred anyway. I did however notice a couple of things about the "fine workmanship' of the shop that did my exhaust.

First I payed extra for 2-1/4 inch pipe and they only gave me 2 inch:madder :madder

Second: they routed the passenger side perfectly coming out just under the rear spring hanger where the spring would not droop onto the exhaust. But on the driver side instead of using a 90 bend they ran it 45 under the spring then 45 out the side. So every time i would droop the driver side it busts the rear most hanger. I had it run about 2 years ago but never really checked it out until a few months ago.:twak I wont be going back to that shop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts