Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is. The newest addition to the family.

1979 F-150 Custom Explorer, 61K original miles, shortbed. Needs a lot of TLC to put it back together right. Straight out of Tx.

Plans include removing that god forsaken topper, a 4" lift and a set of 35" D ick Cepek Fun Country II's. Also will be a complete buff job on the 30 year old paint and install the factory correct mirrors.

I had thought about removing the Explorer stripes but after trying several different cleaners I found one that made them look new again. You can see the spot that is clean below the lower mirror mount.

Here are a couple teaser pic of a little buff job on the top of the door, cowl and the hood.

I also need to replace the windshield as this one is cracked in several spots. I'm trying to gather all the pics as I go to do a write up on it.I just so happen to have a spare in the basement. I have already replaced the driver side door weatherstripping around the window. It was hard as a rock. Check out the cool fabric on the seat. It is in very good condition for a truck this old.

Well gotta go, more work to do. It's actually quite nice outside today for the start of Jan.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
:thumbupThat is slicker than Snot there Ranger!!
You are my Fawking Hero!! I mean that ;)
now I know all the other card carrying members of the B,O,T,B crew will be jumping onboard here to check this out, so I need to ask?
Y'all dont mind that I came up with this whole "Brothers of the Bronco" thing do ya??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very very nice...been taken well care of. Can't wait to see the progress. What kind of kit do you think you'll go with on the lift? Just curious really...

·
Registered
533 Posts
i like it. stylish seats, and a gun rack:enforce.well exept for the cool top out back:wacko. you said a lot of tlc. it looked good before the teaser. what mirrors were stock?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Let me guess, the truck arrived and you haven't slept since you got it.

It's looking sharp. The strips really make the truck pop.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all.

I started on it today about 9:30 and just called it a day. I got the windshield changed, had a ton of pictures but when I opened up the camera I got zapped by a bug or something and lost every single fawkin one of them. So much for the write up.

I finished up with the front fender, hood and driver door today. I also decided to rob some parts I had for the Bronco. The wheel well trim adds a little more bling to it.

The topper comes off tommorow.

The correct mirrors look like these on my 250.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Yea definitly do that write up on the windshield if you can get time to do so, I have two of them to do now, and it has been years since I've changed a windshield in anything, I need to find info on removing and replacing the F250's trim if any of my B,O,T,B can help me out

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't do a windshield write up salter. All the pictures I took during the process were lost!! When the Bronco comes home I can show an install on that one.

Check ebay for that lower trim piece.

JSM I used aluminum polish. I tried some light duty compound and all that did was rubbed the dirt and grime into the stripe more. The aluminum polish cleaned it off with a crap load of elbow grease. Here is a shot of the same spot on the door.

Nascar a crew would be next.

Just so everyone know's, I picked up this shortbed to resell it and hopefully make a pretty nice profit. If it does not sell then I'll keep it. I won't cut the price on it just to get rid off it.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
I understood about the pictures from this change Ranger, thats why I said when and if you get time,
anywho I look forward to seeing the one from the Bronk!,
And Scott, my Friends call me Salt-Man!!!! or Phat Bastard!!!!
...Salter just sounds to formal?? :goodfinge

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
any interest sellin it like it is?

1 - 20 of 186 Posts