Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
79 but the parts on it are off whatever the builder found. this about where you started Crazed? I'm looking at POR-15 for the paint job. Figured I'd do my jerry cans and the entire frame and axles with it. My plan is to leave it assembled, and slide it under the truck and start getting some measurements. Don't know if I'll have the help to lift it fully assembled. We'll see.
After this bronco project is running, I won't lie and say finished, I'm going to have to buy myself a truck like that donor. Looks like it could take a beating.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
raf was going to run a sway bar, i dont know if he ever put it on. but thats because his suspension was too tippy with the coilovers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
bluesquirrel said:
Both are 100% better. The small pics are great, if when you need to look at them closely they'll blow up and keep a decent pixel count. Don't want to hijack my own thread but what camera did you choose? I bought a canon
A700 with 6 megapixels. Works great and I can zoom in a lot.
I'm a fan of Canon also.
I picked up a S1 IS! I'm a fan of the Zoom and Auto focus.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
bluesquirrel said:
See the ridge down the side of the truck in the middle of the fender, door, and bed? If it were a '79, it would be concave. 67-72 styles had the ridge. I'm guessing based on the grill its a '71 or '72 as far as the body goes.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
This is a 67-72 body with a 73-77 front grill. They are interchangable. The whole front clip of a 67-72 will bolt up to a 73-79 body (that would be a pretty cool full size bronco if ya ask me!). What the hell is that on the fender....a door knob??? If i were you...i'd go ahead and take out that in cab gas tank. My neighbor had one like this, and he was going around his farm and hit a bump and the rear cab mounts buckled and busted the tank. All the gas in the tank came pouring into the cab. It's pretty dangerous, and by looking at the shape this thing is, those cab mounts are probably getting ready to go.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not using the truck for anything but the front axle. I don't see the in-cab gas tank yet...this thing has dual tanks under the bed as far as I know. The leftovers are getting cut up and sent to the scrap metal place. I didn't realize it was so old until you pointed it out. I wonder if that axle is a late 70's or an early. I'll have to get the numbers off it before I start any projects.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts