·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of my engine:

Shot from above.

Stainless steel Motorsports.

Another shot.

We actualy finished putting it in today, got it in and fired it up, (sorry left the camera at home..:banghead Boy I want my own garage!!) It sounds and runs good (should sound even better after I cut out the cats and reroute the exhaust), but I gotta flush the tranny out (just in case it took on water too..also adding a cooler), and my speedo isn't working. It's hot to the fuse box, but not after...and the fuse is good...Maybe I got the box wet and it melted or hell I don't know:banghead , I'll check it out more tommorow.

·
Super Moderator
14,748 Posts
Yeah, the only good box is a wet "box" as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to see the rig running again Shane..:thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just got home..she's purring like a kitten..with a bad case of smokers lung!:toothless Anyway next it's off to the muffler shop (to gut or discard the cats and then run new pipe..what size ya'll think for that throaty rumble?), then to the welder (cage time) I'll keep ya'll posted.:thumbup

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Glad to hear that you got it running again. Single pipe is better for less hang ups. My mufflers are always dragging on the groungd offroad, you should also dump it right after the muffler, no need to run full vehicle imo.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
GearHead said:
that way it will keep the cab nice and warm inside.:rolleyes:
Lord knows with all of that hardcore winter wheeling us Floridians and Ga guys do, We need the trucks to be as warm as possible to keep from frostbite setting in.

:goodfinge :goodfinge

I'd say go with a single 3'' flowmaster or magnaflow. SOmething that will give good, unrestricted flow, And a nice gain in performance. If you dont want the hassle of dragging a nice chrome tip around, Just dump it after the muffler and be donw with it.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got new goodies!:thumbup There was a big swap meet in the next town over from me, so I carried the Impala to the car corral trying to see if anybody just had to own it...I put a sign in the window (make offer) with my number and went shopping. I picked up a set of motorsport valve covers (everybody needs a lil Bling-Bling) and a little bitty billet air filter for when I extend my breather tube lines. All for less than 100 bucks (Ford wanted 120 clams just for the valve covers) anyway check it out!

Oh yeah, it's my birthday....get my groove on...oh yeah!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts