Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you didnt know already then here is why im naming the bronco traveller

I am one of the biggest dukes of Hazzard fans, and those of you who arent complete dumasses know that the General Lee is a Tribute to the Great General Robert E. Lee who is actually my great great great grandpa (not sure on how many greats) which is pretty badass, and the name of the horse he rode on during civil war was named.... Traveller

ok this is a 1979 Ford Bronco, not legally mine yet, its at a friends house, it was give to his dad a few years back because the guy owed him $500,

the bronco has

351modified
hedman headers
ghetto exhaust with oldschool flows
c6 auto trans
np205 transfer case (i think)
31" tires all around
some rust

it is now in much better shape than it was just a few months ago, the rear quarter on drivers side was no existent, i made a patch panel, welded it in, and now cant tell it was ever messed up, along with abunch of other rust holes which are now gone, their is no tailgate on it, it was destroyed back when the previous owner was stationed at an air force base and a helicopter rear thingy sliced it up. so i need a new one also needs a front driveshaft and new locking hubs

current plans

change oil
change plugs
plug wires
cap/rotor kit
ignition coil
change fluids
air filter
edelbrock intake and carb with electric choke
front driveshaft
warn locking hubs
new weather stripping
Heat
new ignition cylinder/door locks with keys (right now a flathead screw driver is the key) :yahoo:

The Beast

after all that and its driveable, ill finish up the body work, repaint it (flatblack spray paint, it actually looks good on this, it blends in perfect) i was going to go with a 4"lift with 35" tires, but im thinking i may just put some 33" on there without lifting, because me and my dad are probaly gonna start building a car for the drags, and thats where rest of my money will go, i just want this to tow the car, and have a little fun offroad. and i have door panels in my garage but they arent on in the pics, dont want to get them ruined yet, you can see on the drivers door where me and all my friends have painted stuff, and crap

ohh and btw, its will also be recieving a CB Radio, and a Dixie Horn :D:yahoo:. ohh and best of all ill only be paying $700 for it WOOO HOO

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she runs perfect actually, was driving earlier tonight at friends house, idles smooth and all, but its gonna get a full tune up, and its gonna need to be tagged and insured

·
Registered
404 Posts
Huh... Small world.... My Great, Great Grandfather was at Appomattox when your great grand pappy surrendered.....

So do you carry the Lee name, or are you decended from one of his daughters instead....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh... Small world.... My Great, Great Grandfather was at Appomattox when your great grand pappy surrendered.....

So do you carry the Lee name, or are you decended from one of his daughters instead....
unfortunately no i dont carry the name, i got my dads name, and lee was on my moms side of the family

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
well, you got your work cut out for ya!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts