Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people don't believe or find it hard to believe that my truck used to be 2wd, so here's a few progress pix to show I'm not lying. :D I wanted to do a progress thread anyway, just to feel special. :brownbag

How it all began: T18, open 3.55

Eventually, it grew a front axle and transfer case. Oddly enough with this newly found growth a M5OD decided to oust the T18

Being motivated by 3.08s, I found this to be inadequate, so I had some 4.10s put in. Knowing open diffs won't cut it off road I had a LSD put in the back along with a mini spool up front. Results of that were made evident at the Uwharrie ride we had June 18th last year.

Anyway it got sick and was given bed rest for a while. While it was down I figured why not go ahead and upgrade along with fixing? That thought process yielded this:

What good is all that without the tires to fit?

Results of all of the above?

Now, to do something about that M5OD..............

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I agree the color scheme on the truck is nice but that dent in the bed make it an eye sore, those colors need a nice straight body to look real good (perfect example is Crazed's Bronco......that looks soooo good); so I'm going camo. :D

Actually, after watching Dave and that chick clean Kodak rock I've been thinking about a shorter wheelbase vehicle....maybe finding a 80-91 (price is cheaper) Bronco body that needs a drivetrain and swap everything over. Wheeling the 150 is nice and that LWB makes things super easy but that wheelbase is also keeping me from doing funner, harder lines and better routes like Kodak rock. Sharp edges like that would love to eat my driveshaft.

Yep, the newly found height and tire is very, very fun.

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
Don't do that just take the bed off. Cut about 15-18 inches out of the frame and weld it back together. get a shorter drive shaft and call it good. Most of the bronco guys are putting truck cabs on anyways.

·
Harmful if swallowed
2,118 Posts
Project Lazarus said:
Thanks for the compliments. I agree the color scheme on the truck is nice but that dent in the bed make it an eye sore, those colors need a nice straight body to look real good (perfect example is Crazed's Bronco......that looks soooo good); so I'm going camo. :D

Actually, after watching Dave and that chick clean Kodak rock I've been thinking about a shorter wheelbase vehicle....maybe finding a 80-91 (price is cheaper) Bronco body that needs a drivetrain and swap everything over. Wheeling the 150 is nice and that LWB makes things super easy but that wheelbase is also keeping me from doing funner, harder lines and better routes like Kodak rock. Sharp edges like that would love to eat my driveshaft.

Yep, the newly found height and tire is very, very fun.
Go to pirate4x4 in the dodge section and search "PJTPW"

He started with a long bed single cab power wagon and has turned it into a incredible truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts