Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've never done a coolant flush, but figure it's about time to do so... So where do I dispose the coolant? I've only had small leaks before, so I put down some cat litter and swept it up after I was done, no harm. But I probably can't do that with the whole system draining, huh? And I'm assuming if I tried to kill the rats in the sewers, PETA would throw a fit... So do I drain into a bucket and take it to autozone? Or what?

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i do it in the gutter. but its ok because i live at the top of the hill and water flows down away from my house.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Andy351 said:
i do it in the gutter. but its ok because i live at the top of the hill and water flows down away from my house.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Try that, or let the neighbor's cats drink it.

Edit: Try to take it to the local auto parts stores, but alot of the time they dont take coolent. Maybe they have a suggestion better than mine an Andy's tho.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Anti freeze disposal

Here the city does a hazardous material disposal collection 2 times a year. they also have a pallet at the recycle site for household chemical you don't want. they always are gald to take the antifreeze to keep it out of the river.

Check with your city's recycle office. I'll bet they will take it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Oh my God. Not this again!

I'm sure if you call information. You can get in touch with somebody that will tell you how to dispose of antifreeze properly, without polluting the environment.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
Andy351 said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :beer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As said before, make sure you dispose of it properly. I dump it into my neighbor's pool, as to ensure nothing i care about makes contact with it.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I guess that is one of the perks of being a tech. Any old coolant, oil, batteries, tires, etc, I just take to work and get rid of :thumbup

And I doubt a cat would drink coolant. I don't think I have ever heard of a cat drinking coolant, only dogs. I have a couple friends who keep cats in thier shops to catch mice. They never touch and puddles or buckets of coolant.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
I guess that is one of the perks of being a tech. Any old coolant, oil, batteries, tires, etc, I just take to work and get rid of :thumbup

And I doubt a cat would drink coolant. I don't think I have ever heard of a cat drinking coolant, only dogs. I have a couple friends who keep cats in thier shops to catch mice. They never touch and puddles or buckets of coolant.

I know birds will drink it. My math teacher back in high school told us about how she put anti-freeze in her bird bath over a winter so the birds would have something to drink in the winter when all the other water froze up. Birds came and drank it then fell over dead :doh0715: And these are the people that are teaching your children.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:

i bet ya i could get a cat to drink it......

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Several years ago a guy at my University poured some anti-freeze into an empty Rev bottle and served it to a "buddy" that screwed his girlfriend.

That sucked.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
MatthewC said:
Several years ago a guy at my University poured some anti-freeze into an empty Rev bottle and served it to a "buddy" that screwed his girlfriend.

That sucked.
I hope it wasnt dexcool with amonia, hell the smell of that stuff makes me want to puke and my buddy got a pic

·
Registered
952 Posts
my engine eats it. literally, i dont know where the shit goes but it eats it wtf?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Marauder said:
I know birds will drink it. My math teacher back in high school told us about how she put anti-freeze in her bird bath over a winter so the birds would have something to drink in the winter when all the other water froze up. Birds came and drank it then fell over dead :doh0715: And these are the people that are teaching your children.
That's why she teaches math instead of something like biology or chemistry.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts