Discussion Starter #1

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Why not get the sag pump it is half the price

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Your money. Sag is cheaper and better from everything Ive read on it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, its not a direct bolt on, i dont have the time to swap it in due to my work hours and i have also heard the saginaw still has the winding sound. Unless its easier than i think it is to install i've heard people talk about haveing to modify the stock bracket and have to run bigger lines.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn thats awsome, I didnt search because i wasnt intrested in the saginaw, but now that yall mention it, maybe i will.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,185 Posts
I love my sag pump. I did the vanbracketfromthejunkyard swap. Just followed the instructions found here, & used the bracket, pump & hose from the van. It took longer to clean the bracket than to do the swap. :thumbup to FSB.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so what exactly am i going to need? the pump, the bracket, and the hose? is there a special saginaw i need to get or anyone will do? is it the bracket that makes it a direct bolt on or the pump itself?

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,185 Posts
Thinking about it, I had to get a shorter belt too.

Here's some of the threads I followed:
All info i know about the saginaw swap and the pumps. -BadassBronco
saginaw swap. -Plug Ugly
Tech Info links - check here first -Plug Ugly's sticky -Post 3 is the sag section with several links, I read thru them at the time.

& a couple of good threads that came out after mine was done:
100% bolt-up saginaw pump -Nascarfreak88 (New bracket not required)
Saginaw Pump II by Boss. -Bossind

Finally, the official Saginaw Swap Theme Song :toothless

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so I think I have gathered enough info to make an estimated guess? if I get the pump, bracket, and lines out of an 89 van that had a 302, it will bolt right up?

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
ok so I think I have gathered enough info to make an estimated guess? if I get the pump, bracket, and lines out of an 89 van that had a 302, it will bolt right up?
you got it! :thumbup

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
That bolt on Saginaw is a sweet pump. I put one on my F150 a year or two ago and it was one of the best things I did. It was silent, and it steered so much easier.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
awsome! i'm gonna start calling around today for pricing, oh and one more question, when i get the lines from the van, will the bolt onto my gearbox?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hold on a sec.... Everyone is saying the cardone pump is a direct 100% bolt-on. While I haven't tried it yet, this thread in the tech folder claims that although it is a direct bolt-on, there's a problem trying to fit the hose with the metal bends:

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65983&page=6

Also, that same thread appears to have mixed reliability reviews on that Cardone pump with some claiming they've had problems and others claiming they haven't had problems. I don't remember reading any posts on here with folks claiming to have problems with the stock van saginaw pumps.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i called the local scrapyard and they said that they have an 89 eco van and would sell me the bracket for 15 bux, whats a steal! i wasnt going to get the pump form the van (i was gonna buy one brand new) long story short he didnt have the bracket the van turned out to be an 84 or so, the bracket was way off. So, if anyone has a bracket they would love to part with let me know!

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
yea i called the local scrapyard and they said that they have an 89 eco van and would sell me the bracket for 15 bux, whats a steal! i wasnt going to get the pump form the van (i was gonna buy one brand new) long story short he didnt have the bracket the van turned out to be an 84 or so, the bracket was way off. So, if anyone has a bracket they would love to part with let me know!
That sucks

·
not banned
5,969 Posts
i did the cardone. 100% bolt on.. oh wait, i did have to get a slightly shorter v-belt, but my bracket system is a bit jacked to start with.. otherwise. 100% bolt on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts