Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start this thread for my somewhat slow build. I got my 89 XLT in November 07 for $1k and tore into the day I got it. I unfortunately only have a few pics right now, but I will get more tomorrow.

It has a standard 6" Rough Country lift, 35x14.50 Pitbulls on black steelies, STC soft top, New interior (Pics tomorrow), a leaky 302 which is getting pulled to be re-gasketed, lots of poly bushings, and I have 4.56's waiting to go in. You can also see in the first pic I have some spare doors that will become half doors.

Future projects are SAS, and put in the 351 I am building on the side. Remove blocks in rear for a leaf pack.

Here is how she sits now.

Here is just a quick shot of the soft top.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice get to building!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Looks great, Im glad you are enjoying the top.

That FSB sticker gave me an extra 25hp to the wheels too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interior pics

Only had time to pull the transfer case today but,
Here are the pics of the interior:
Door card.

Seats.

Dash and such.

Seat

Nice bronco. Whats that parked beside it? BMW?
No it's a Dodge.:toothless

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tonight I finally managed to get the 302 out.

So I can start working on resealing the thing with new gaskets. I also have to fix a crack in the AOD. It is really ashame too, because it shifts perfect and hasn't given me any problems. While I was waiting for my buddy to show up an help, I did this:

I like the half door idea, but not seeing the jam all the way around above it.

Sorry about the dark pics. I will get better ones tomorrow.

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
nice build up. do you need any sas parts? axles or whatever . ive got some hp44's .

how do you like the pit bulls ????

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you need any sas parts?
God, don't tempt me. I would love to get my SAS started and I saw your thread in the for sale section but I have so many projects right now waiting to get done. 2 motors, half doors, redo the rear end,......

The Pitbulls are awesome. At least on the road. I haven't got a chance to test them offraod yet, but I should have the truck together in 2 weeks or so. I saw you asking about bigger tires in the other thread and on Pirate. There is a thread over there too about the new 42" Rockers you might be interested in.

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
God, don't tempt me. I would love to get my SAS started and I saw your thread in the for sale section but I have so many projects right now waiting to get done. 2 motors, half doors, redo the rear end,......

The Pitbulls are awesome. At least on the road. I haven't got a chance to test them offraod yet, but I should have the truck together in 2 weeks or so. I saw you asking about bigger tires in the other thread and on Pirate. There is a thread over there too about the new 42" Rockers you might be interested in.
im gonna order the 44" rockers. i'll hook you up on that 44 if you can come pick it up. it has good hubs,brakes,seals,bearings. its used but very useable. ive also got the slip yoke for your drive shaft and coil cups. no buckets or radius arms though. you can afford it trust me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im gonna order the 44" rockers. i'll hook you up on that 44 if you can come pick it up. it has good hubs,brakes,seals,bearings. its used but very useable. ive also got the slip yoke for your drive shaft and coil cups. no buckets or radius arms though. you can afford it trust me.
Man. I would love to take it off your hands, but my little Acura isn't going to like having an axle shoved in the back of it, and then drive back to Va..:histerica

I am going to have to pass for now. The 351 I am building is taking all my money right now. It is funny how expensive things get when you add boost to the equation and then decide you want double that boost.:toothless

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,916 Posts
i would recommend going with 4.88's as well. those tires are awesome and heavy, that extra gears will really help since the AOD gearing is a bit higher then what an E4OD is. i run 4.88's with my bfg's and love it. and are great on the hwy

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have some 4.56's already I am just going to throw in the 8.8 until I get a 9" rear next year. MIne dosen't see offroad a lot. A downfall to living in the city.

·
7,916 Posts
why go with a 9" especially if its a street queen.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going with a 9" because they are plentiful around me and cheap. With the specs I am building my 351W to, it can handle the power it will produce. I haven't heard of any problems with reliabilities with the 9" either?

Something I am not aware of maybe? Or are you just suggesting to stay with the 8.8?

·
7,916 Posts
do a search for 8.8 vs 9 inch. there have been many debates with lots of usefull information. neither axle is more superior to the other is what i am getting at. if you want strength to handle the motor i would locate either a 14bolt or sterling 10.25. then run 8 lug front end

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well. I finally managed to get her back together and I am pleased to say no more leaks. Just got to get a powers steering line, exhaust and a new IAC and she will be good to go. Here is how she looks now:

It is nice to listen to her purr with just long tubes.:smokin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts