1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Our local radio station goes every year, I guess it must be alright :shrug

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I went in '02 the resort was awesome but I believe it's changed names a few times now. It was Villa del Palmar or something like that but like I said it's changed a few times. They filmed the movie Predator down there, I was robbed by the Federale on my way to see the waterfall. So keep an eye out for that, we still still had an incredible time though.

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
A friend of mine liked it enough to buy a timeshare; she said it's beautiful down there.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
When is you going? Cuz June/July/August aren't really the best times of the year to go. Lotsa rain, much hotter than in the winter and a good chance of 'canes. But the fishing should be killer..........

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When is you going? Cuz June/July/August aren't really the best times of the year to go. Lotsa rain, much hotter than in the winter and a good chance of 'canes. But the fishing should be killer..........
It would be the 15-18,but now I'm not sure I'm going. I was just putting the feeler out there to see what I should be looking at for a resort.

Any recommendations will stay in my brain for next time.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
It would be the 15-18,but now I'm not sure I'm going. I was just putting the feeler out there to see what I should be looking at for a resort.

Any recommendations will stay in my brain for next time.
At this time of year, I'd check out stuff to do in Mazatlan...or even the Guaymas---San Carlos area. Still lotsa boating/water/fishing opportunities there as well, but without the mega-Cancun-Ixtapa-ish touristy resort feeling. And both places are probably 35% cheaper to boot........

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this time of year, I'd check out stuff to do in Mazatlan...or even the Guaymas---San Carlos area. Still lotsa boating/water/fishing opportunities there as well, but without the mega-Cancun-Ixtapa-ish touristy resort feeling. And both places are probably 35% cheaper to boot........
Yea any city is fine with me as long as it's got nonstop service to Charlotte. We get good deals on resorts, around 50-120 a night All Incluisve, so me and a couple buddies are trying to get excessively drunk in a tropical area for some R&R.

Where we go really doesnt matter as long as the resort is nice and we can find some shit to do/girls to bother.

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
Go to Cobo san lucas, Puerta Vallarta was sketchy when I went. Cool shopping (cheap tequilla), Mexican Hooters, hard rock cafe, etc. on the main strip but literally one street north and mexicans come running up to you with laminated crotch shots trying to sell you there 14 yo. daughters, and the buses have push bars on them and like to use them.

Cabo however is just bitchin. :beer

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Cabo is awesome. We spent our honeymoon at Sammy Hagar's birthday bash. Incredible.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
I hate to break it to you Kidz, but Cabo is a f'ng trap of the worst kind---pricey, dangerous, sketchy and over rated. And hotter than Hades down there in June. Trust me, I've been going there since '68 and lived there for a couple of years in the '80's. My last two trips (via sailboat) were done in the last 2 years. And it just sucks. The crap that goes on there 'tween the VERY corrupt policia, the Federales, the pimps, whores, drug dealers, the schemers and the scammers and the gangsters is not for the faint of heart...and can leave you (a typical touristy male between 18---30 years old) flat broke, jailed.....or worse. I'll never go back there unless I'm positive that I won't have to leave the boat for any reason. And I've spent 8 years in Mex........

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just booked a trip to Valentin Emperial Riviera Maya Valentinmaya.com Badass resort, all inclusive/all adult with top shelf liquor and like 7 restaurants. Im just going for the food and drink and beach, not the excursions. Ill let you know how it is

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
Just booked a trip to Valentin Emperial Riviera Maya Valentinmaya.com Badass resort, all inclusive/all adult with top shelf liquor and like 7 restaurants. Im just going for the food and drink and beach, not the excursions. Ill let you know how it is

That's assuming you ever come back?..........:smokin:

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
just got back, no problems whatsoever, didnt even see anyone with a machine gun. And the resort was AMAZING
Decent, glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Fish?

Surf?

Hotties?

Booze?

Hotties?

Food?

Music?

Hiking?

Hotties?

Beaches?

Hotties?........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts