Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a bone stock 1995 302 bronco out pull a 99 Z71?

2 wheel drive or 4 wheel? He's got a 3 inch lift and 33's, and I'm sitting stock height, which I think it what would kill me. If we hook axle to axle, he'd lift me up. Me and my buddy have this whole "ford vs chevy" competition junk. He says my bronco isn't a "truck" and I said it's just as much of a "truck" as his. I'm anxious to show him that.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
i think you should do it and show some pics....:toothless

in all seriousness, you need to stop trying to show off your tiny balls, as does he. do it mathematically. its easy enough on paper, based on weight, towing cap., conditions, among other things. dont be stupid and ruin your bronco... unless you ruin them both, then its cool :thumbup

oh, andif you do it in 2wd, put it in 4 lo. you'll get a lower gear ratio and tug his ass all over town...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, he's a country boy. All about lifted trucks and shooting deer. I'm a city boy. I like fast cars, and nice looking vehicles. (not that I don't like lifted trucks and shooting things)

Anyway, his truck is his pride. His logic is, if his truck is outpulled, then it is inferior and that is that.

My buddy impressed the hell out of him the other day when he went wheeling in his 2 wheel drive Ram. He made it through almost everything the chevy did, except for this one hill that's near vertical that we like to climb. Chevy boy (we'll call him Jeff, since his name is Jeff) pulled off one of his exhaust pipes when we macked a rock. He was a bit discouraged by the 2 wheel ram, and the exhaust issue, so when I was ragging on his truck, he said we were gonna settle this once and for all, so he got his tow strap, and I told him I'm not pulling anything until I change my tires (they've seen better days)

Either way, it's gonna happen. I saw a video of a bronco 2 outpulling a ram and I thought it was pretty cool, so I figure - why not put ford on top and outpull the chevy boys too. I got no issues beating on my truck. I didn't pay much for it, so it's not gonna kill me to beat it up a bit. However, it does still have to last me until July as my daily driver. We'll see what happens. I'll post results.

·
Registered
621 Posts
a friend of mine has an 05 silverado 2wd 5.3 and one night he's stuck out in the desert, so me being the good friend i am pulled him out of one mud hole and into the next. but that's in the dirt. if you want to find the weakest part of your drive train by all means hook up. i don't think you'll get the results you want

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
84x4bronco said:
oh, andif you do it in 2wd, put it in 4 lo. you'll get a lower gear ratio and tug his ass all over town...
Make sure you air the tires down to ~10psi, too. As soon as one of you starts to pull the other, it's VERY hard to overcome that and go the opposite way. Therefore, getting the upper hand first is essential.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think you could do it I done it with my bronk 2 wheel drive 33's with 351 m bored 60 over and the chevy had 4 inch lift and 35's under it.We both have a detroit locker and matched in gear ratio and horse power i told him it will come down to the right tires.. But of corse i used 4 low and pulled his ass all over the place he was upset that a ford out pulled him.. Now the pore guy is driving a new ford he just had to have the best..:rockon

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
do it in the dirt, and put the strap on the frame or a hitch, it will prolly rip the axle off, and throw like a hundred bucks in and mini spool the rear, that will garuntee your victory
dave

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
It's amazing on this board, you never have to look for the 16 yr old kids, some how they will make themselves known. You guys don't stand in a circle around a cookie after you finish revvin each other other's engines do you?

Seriously though, I want to see this, go for it. Prove you are the one and only true HeMan. and post pics.

G

·
A 302 vs a 350. That'll be interesting to see. 350s are pretty strong blocks. Most Chevy guys I know run them in their rigs.

If it were me, I'd do a straight 2 wheel drive pull. 4-LO will probably break something in either or both rigs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rugerp89ipsc said:
It's amazing on this board, you never have to look for the 16 yr old kids, some how they will make themselves known. You guys don't stand in a circle around a cookie after you finish revvin each other other's engines do you?

Seriously though, I want to see this, go for it. Prove you are the one and only true HeMan. and post pics.
Woah, woah, slow down there killer. I'm 23, and having some fun with my new toy. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I go to an automotive school. We beat up our rides, then fix them. Sorry if you're losing sleep over it. It's not any more immature than some competitive wheeling. Do you frown on that activity too?

Drag racing is rough on the drivetrain too, is that for the little 16 year olds? Stop and go city driving...16 year old kids? It's my truck, I got it cheap, I'm beating on it, get over it.

Thanks to everyone else for the advice. If i decide to do it, I'll get a video.

Ranger said:
A 302 vs a 350. That'll be interesting to see. 350s are pretty strong blocks. Most Chevy guys I know run them in their rigs.
I think he's got the Vortec 327. I can always do some work to the 302 before I go blowing anything up. I got a 351 sitting in my garage anyway that is dying to jump under the hood of this truck.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
at least use a secure tow point pulling off the axle is really stupid

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
rugerp89ipsc said:

im 16, did i make myself known?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts