Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having trouble figureing out how to hook up a VOM to pull codes on my truck. i read the post by steve about how to do it but it just isnt making sense to me... if i remember correctly it says to hook up the vom to the positive post then to the self test... which i am confused on.... the it says to hook up a timing light... why would you need that if you are watching the meter for sweeps.... i guess i might need a visual picture of it because i am confused... thanks guys

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
You don't need a meter. Just short the connectors(sorry I don't have a pic of which 2) with a paper clip, turn the key forward and count the check engine light flashes. No you don't need a timing light. If your CEL bulb is burned out you hook your meter to the same spots and watch the meter sweep which would correspond to the CEL flashes. Fordfuelinjection.com, the Haynes manual or a search on here will show you where to hook the paper clip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well i got it to work and i got code 332... it says that the EGR valve opening is not detected... i replaced the EGR not too long ago and it didnt help... so is it the sensor thats on top of it?

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
okacookie said:
ok well i got it to work and i got code 332... it says that the EGR valve opening is not detected... i replaced the EGR not too long ago and it didnt help... so is it the sensor thats on top of it?
Could also be that the EVR isn't telling it to open. Or that the wiring to the EVP is bad. Go to www.fordfuelinjection.com and learn how to test the valve and sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts